Dragons & Jetpacks discussion

The Weavers of Saramyr (Braided Path, #1)
This topic is about The Weavers of Saramyr
BotM Discussion - Mod Special > The Weavers of Saramyr / Overall Discussion / *** Spoilers ***

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roger, Knight Radiant (new)

Roger | 1998 comments Mod
This is the discussion thread for the Mod Special book, The Weavers of Saramyr

message 2: by Roger, Knight Radiant (new)

Roger | 1998 comments Mod
I marked this as a spoiler but I did not make it far enough into this book to spoil it. I read about five chapters and had zero interest in anyone involved. And man is the author sooooo wordy, the descriptions are so long and it's a bit much.

message 3: by Lel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lel (lelspear) | 1793 comments I kind of enjoyed it. It took me a while to get into it but it had good pace towards the end. I will say it was nothing new and amazing. The main character was interesting enough but I didn’t like the way she treated people. I’m not sure that I liked it enough to carry on with the series.

Hayley | 391 comments I thought the story was interesting over all but it felt like it took me a long time to get through the book as it was so slow. Although I agree it did pick up towards the end. It was just so wordy. I don't normally mind descriptive books but this just felt like there seemed to be alot of words to say not alot and I normally prefer books with a bit more action.

message 5: by Freya, Dragon Rider (new) - rated it 2 stars

Freya (flamecat) | 1806 comments Mod
It's June and I'll finally be getting around to reading this book this month! I've only had it on my shelves for years..!

message 6: by Lel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lel (lelspear) | 1793 comments Better late than never, I’ve learnt books are very patient. X

message 7: by Freya, Dragon Rider (new) - rated it 2 stars

I've finally started reading this, but I feel it's too early to have any particular thoughts on it... except that I came across a pet peeve:

"not good enough" she said, folding her arms beneath her breasts.

Well... yes. That is generally where women's arms end up when you fold them. It's a random irritation of mine because I mostly see it in works by male authors as if I need reminding that breasts are a feature on women, but more particularly it jolts me out of the story because it feels a bit clunky.
'ahh we are about to discover why he saved her.... BOOBS.'

message 8: by Freya, Dragon Rider (new) - rated it 2 stars

I'm nearly halfway through, and I'm getting through it quite quickly which doesn't happen if I'm not enjoying it, but then I'm equally not particularly fussed about will happen in the story.
I don't mind a wordy, overly descriptive book (Ill-Made Mute being an example), however I am finding myself slightly skim-reading the descriptions in this one.

I'm waiting for it to pick up near the end and I'll see how I feel about it then.

message 9: by Freya, Dragon Rider (new) - rated it 2 stars

So, it did pick up towards the end and was interesting enough, but I just don't really feel anything towards the book particularly.
I've finished it and I'm just thinking about what my next book will be.

I've given it 2.5 stars as it oscillated somewhere between 'ok' and 'like'. I have the second book on my shelves (picked up cheaply from somewhere) but I have no great desire to go straight into it.