Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Wheelathon 5 > The Terminus Cafe

Comments Showing 1-50 of 619 (619 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Jun 03, 2020 12:22PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31133 comments Mod

Come hang out at the Terminus Cafe, chat with players from other teams!

Note: This is NOT the place to ask questions about the game. This is purely a social hangout. Questions about the game should be asked in the Captains group by the Captains and Co-Captains.

Worried that you've not signed up? Check it out here... and spot the new information...!

message 2: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 9983 comments Mod

I brought drinks!

message 3: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments A new wheels?!

Just what the doctor ordered!!!!!

*bliss*

message 4: by Cat (last edited May 22, 2020 02:41AM) (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 6929 comments Mod

I brought some lobster for the barbeque!

message 5: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 5320 comments WOOHOO!

*runs off to sign up*

message 6: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments Cat wrote: "

I brought some lobster for the barbeque!"

*trying so hard to laugh quietly she is tearing up*

message 7: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 2576 comments Brought some icecream! :)

description

message 8: by Melindam (last edited May 22, 2020 02:46AM) (new)

Melindam | 2576 comments E!

Can we have a musical interlude as well, please? :D

message 9: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments I like living on the edge so....

message 10: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments Considering that I turned mod in the middle of towers I - our very first team challenge, this is going to be special-.. my first just a regular peep one...

So excited!!!

message 11: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments Sammy wrote: "WOOHOO!

*runs off to sign up*"

Dang, you beat me to it! LOL

message 12: by Tina ❣ (new)

Tina ❣ (nutrinut) | 1878 comments WOO!! ROAD TRIP!!

At least I'll be traveling somewhere this year

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5073 comments Oh Wheel-a-thon... how I love thee.

Signed up!

message 14: by Eldarwen (new)

Melindam wrote: "E!

Can we have a musical interlude as well, please? :D"

Check out the rules hahahaha ;-))

message 15: by Judith (new)

Judith (brownie72011) | 5038 comments Mod
Hello Lovelies!

Make sure to pack the good road trip snacks

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganraex) | 996 comments Wearing my comfy road trip pants and ready to roll!

message 17: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 5320 comments Can I bring something to improve the scenery..?

description

message 18: by Alexw (new)

Alexw | 44 comments Is that Don Knotts-lol

message 19: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 2576 comments Trust you, Sammy, to deliver the obviously missing tropical fruits. ;)

message 20: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4994 comments Yay! I've been in team challenge withdrawal!

message 21: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments ooooohhhh

Sammy, you can road trip with me anytime!!!

message 22: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 5229 comments What a lovely thing to wake up to. I am happy.

message 23: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 5320 comments Alexw wrote: "Is that Don Knotts-lol"

Not quite, lol. though by all accounts he is very funny...

message 24: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 5320 comments Sonia wrote: "ooooohhhh

Sammy, you can road trip with me anytime!!!"

My cunning plan worked! (I don't drive, by bringing the pretties I am guaranteed people will give me a lift, lol!)

message 25: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments I don't mind driving... we went to Seville last year by car, and I was the designated driver for the whole trip.

It was my first one, so I had to stop every hour or so cause I got sleepy, but I don't mind driving.

Eni and I and the little minion... perfect little escapade.

message 26: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 736 comments I'm so excited! Wheelathon is my favorite of the team challenges.

message 27: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3647 comments Oohooooh! Wheel!
I will go sign up later today.

I must, meanwhile, go and silently contemplate what it says about me that I now consider Wheel to be a low-key challenge... 🤣

message 28: by Eldarwen (new)

Well, Wheel IS a low-key challenge. For the most part. Usually. ;-)

message 29: by Eldarwen (new)

Sammy wrote: "Can I bring something to improve the scenery..?

"

Scenery improvement of this kind is very welcome!

And should we not end up on the same team, please feel free to drop some goodies in every now and then! ;-)

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 736 comments Sammy wrote: "Can I bring something to improve the scenery..?

"

Your scenery improvements are always welcome.

message 31: by Judy (new)

Judy | 2036 comments So excited for this challenge!!

message 32: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments Eldarwen wrote: "Sammy wrote: "Can I bring something to improve the scenery..?

"

Scenery improvement of this kind is very welcome!

And should we not end up on the same team, please feel free to drop some goodies..."

Ditto!

message 33: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 109 comments Yay! This is much more my speed. I like team challenges, but quidditch seems a little.... erhm.... intense....

message 34: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 1879 comments Sammy wrote: "Can I bring something to improve the scenery..?"

I especially like the valleys and ridges of that scenery.

message 35: by Slytherpuff (new)

Slytherpuff | 459 comments I think I can read one book per week but not certain and I def want to play but don't want to hinder a team

message 36: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 5320 comments I'm glad the scenery agrees with people ;)

I'm sure there will be many more interesting sights on this road trip! :D

In my haste to sign up earlier, it didn't really sink in that there's no need to read stupidly huge books for this one. If I wanted to up my monthly total by, say, 5 books, would I let you guys know here, or should I email mod account?

message 37: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 2779 comments Yay, Wheel. I like the page numbers and actually have some just under 500 page books that need reading. I tried to sign up for a reasonable number as there at least three papers I want to try to write this summer.

message 38: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3647 comments I signed up with a number that seemed like it would balance out the facts that A) I have been reading less lately, B) I will probably go into a modest version of “challenge mode” for at least some of the time, and C) I don’t know what is going to happen over the summer with my work and childcare situation.
I like to give as accurate sign-up numbers as possible so it doesn’t create unfairness later, but sometimes this is just hard to figure out. 🤔

The new point system helps a lot though! Should be easier to balance book lengths with number of books read!

message 39: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 1638 comments The 'task lists' are new, right? Or have they come up in past versions of wat already?

message 40: by Eldarwen (new)

Sammy wrote: "I'm glad the scenery agrees with people ;)

I'm sure there will be many more interesting sights on this road trip! :D

In my haste to sign up earlier, it didn't really sink in that there's no need ..."

You can do it here as well since we're around quite a bit. Just let us know if and when you decide to change your bpm :-)

message 41: by Eldarwen (new)

Christina wrote: "The 'task lists' are new, right? Or have they come up in past versions of wat already?"

No, they're new indeed. Just a little extra.

message 42: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 2576 comments Hi E., yesterday our internet was wobbly and I'm a bit worried now whether my sign-up was submitted or not. :(

Could you check pretty please?

message 43: by Eldarwen (new)

Melindam wrote: "Hi E., yesterday our internet was wobbly and I'm a bit worried now whether my sign-up was submitted or not. :(

Could you check pretty please?"

It went through :-)

message 44: by Chava (new)

Chava | 1369 comments Judith wrote: "Hello Lovelies!

Make sure to pack the good road trip snacks"

For all us Southern Hemispherians, I'm packing hot cocoa (maybe with an adult drink mixed in...) and warm blankets!!

message 45: by Chava (new)

Chava | 1369 comments I'm so excited for this game! I love wheelathon.

message 46: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 2576 comments Thank you!!

message 47: by Sammy (new)

Sammy (sammystarbuck) | 5320 comments Eldarwen wrote: "You can do it here as well since we're around quite a bit. Just let us know if and when you decide to change your bpm :-)"

Thanks E. Of course now I can't remember how many I signed up for to begin with. (why yes, my dad did always tell me that if my head wasn't stuck on, I'd forget that too, lol!)

message 48: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments I was worried with my numbers but, since I finally managed to finish magic bites and will start listening to magic burns while I pitifully try to sow a blanket to my kitty... I'm not worried anymore.

message 49: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Yessss! This sounds like just the thing to get me back into reading. I've been in a months-long slump.

message 50: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10387 comments Goodmorning wheelers!!!!

Don't know about you, but here, summer has arrived full force. This weekend was the perfect beach weather.... So of course we stayed in.

I pretty much doubt there will be beach or pool this season for us. My brain doesn't compute having to wear mask and proper precautions on a day to day basis and then doing stuff like going to beach carefree and sharing pools with other people.

I'm still working from home, and only leave the property for stuff like going to the drugstore or the vet.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13