Play Book Tag discussion

The Witches of New York
This topic is about The Witches of New York
Archive: Other Books > [+Poll Ballot] The Witches of New York / Ami McKay. 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8944 comments The Witches of New York / Ami McKay
3.5 stars

It is the 1880s. 17-year old Beatrice heads to New York to try to get an advertised shop girl job at “Tea and Sympathy”. It turns out the ladies who run Tea and Sympathy (Eleanor and Adelaide) are witches, and Beatrice is showing tendencies towards such, as well as seeing and hearing ghosts. We learn about all three women, their histories, and how things go forward at this time in NYC while the three are considered witches.

I liked Beatrice’s story, in particular, but what I wasn’t crazy about was all the different changing perspectives of so many different characters. I don’t like when I’m a good chunk of the way in and a new character is introduced and I have to try to fit them in. This happened quite a bit in this book, as there was a lot of flopping all over the place, following all the different characters. Toward the end, the story picked up speed a bit, so overall, I’m still rating it good.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9184 comments I loved the witches of NY! There is a New Year’s sequel, under 100 pages. I thought the book was delightful!

LibraryCin | 8944 comments Amy wrote: "I loved the witches of NY! There is a New Year’s sequel, under 100 pages. I thought the book was delightful!"

Funny, as I was getting near the end of this, I wondered if there might be a sequel. Then debated if I wanted to read it or not. Was leaning toward yes, if there was. Do you remember the title of it? Thanks!

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9184 comments Half Spent the Night - A Yuletide ......

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9184 comments A Witches Yuletide? Read it for Fall Flurries. fits Oct and Dec

LibraryCin | 8944 comments Thanks, I'll check for it!