Unexpected Readathon Time discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Readathons > Readathon #10: May 23rd → May 25th

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries] (howlinglibraries) | 262 comments Mod
Hi, friends! Long time, no see. I'm so sorry I haven't hosted a readathon in this group in, uh... *checks notes* SIX MONTHS?! Sheesh. Life got away from me. I'm sure a lot of you can relate lately, but that's not what I wanted to talk about today!

IT'S FINALLY TIME FOR ANOTHER UNEXPECTED READATHON!!! *throws confetti*

This one is going from 12:00AM (your time) May 23rd to 11:59PM (your time) May 25th. The challenges are...

✨ read something that makes you happy (whether that's an old favorite, something swoon-y, something funny, or maybe murder and political intrigue makes you happy... you do you, babes!)

✨ read something recommended by a friend (it doesn't have to have specifically been recommended to you — it could just be something one of your friends, fave booktubers, fave reviewers, etc. gave a high rating!)

And that's it! Just 2 quick challenges this time, totally optional as always, and you're more than welcome to pick the same book for both of them. Most importantly, just HAVE FUN and feel free to post your TBR below while we wait for the readathon to begin!

message 2: by Terry (last edited May 21, 2020 03:40PM) (new)

Terry (pineappleszaa) | 1 comments Well, I am excited about this!!!!

I don't know how well this will work for me, but I might restart the Throne of Glass novels!

Erica ♋️✨ | 6 comments Omg yess!!! I just finished school so I’ll definitely be participating 👏🏼❤️💖 I’ll probably read beach read and something else 🥳🥳

Justine (Milkz)  (milkz) | 17 comments Yay! This came at the perfect time! I told myself I was finally going to get a good chunk of reading done this weekend haha. I’m excited! Will plan TBR later. ^^

message 5: by Robin (last edited May 26, 2020 06:57AM) (new)

Robin (plannersandpaperbacks) | 6 comments Yay!! So glad you're back with these ❤️❤️
This overlaps with the mini Contemporaryathon so I'm definitely in!!

My 4 day weekend reading plans are:

1.) Meet Cute Club (Sweet Rose #1) by Jack Harbon DNF

2.) Desperate Measures (Wicked Villains, #1) by Katee Robert ⭐⭐⭐⭐

3.) Revelry by Kandi Steiner - got about 25% in!

4.) Wild at Heart (Wild, #2) by K.A. Tucker ⭐⭐⭐⭐

5.) Queen Move by Kennedy Ryan ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Taylor (TaysInfiniteThoughts) (taysinfinitethoughts) It’s been a long time since I’ve participated in one of these readathons but I’m so excited to participate in this one.

I will probably read The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Before We Were Yours.

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Lee (itsblee1234) Thanks for the invite!
I'm new here:)
I just finished GIRL SERPENT THORN, it was FABULOUS.
Going to get my TBR I order for this, I look forward to checking back in to see what everyone is reading. :)

Grace, Queen of Crows and Tomes | 14 comments Yay!! So happy! I’m going to probably read the new Hunger Games novel if I haven’t finished it by Saturday. If I have, I want to read Ironside by Holly Black and probably something else too.

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam (bookdog99) | 89 comments HELL YEA!!!!! I LOVE these readathons!!!! I don't know if I'll be able to read anything else, but I'm gonna try and finish The Help by Kathryn Stockett!!!

message 10: by Sophie (last edited May 25, 2020 11:49AM) (new)

Sophie | 1 comments In Progress:
Mistborn

Completed:
The Secret Garden (finished 5/24)
Daughter of the Pirate King (finished 5/25)
Daughter of the Siren Queen (finished 5/25)

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King, #2) by Tricia Levenseller

message 11: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Karnati (shreyakarnati) Oh sounds like fun! I think I might read Loveboat, Taipei, The Toll, and Legendary for the challenge.

message 12: by Sionna (new)

Sionna (simplystrange) | 47 comments Oh this is great :) It will be raining and thundering where I am this weekend, so this will be good ^_^

message 14: by Erica ♋️✨ (last edited May 21, 2020 04:15PM) (new)

Erica ♋️✨ | 6 comments This is my TBR: 1. Beach Read by Emily Henry
2. All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

message 15: by Rahma (last edited May 25, 2020 01:58PM) (new)

Rahma (rahmaabdelrahman) | 2 comments Just joined the group, and I'm in! Could be a nice way to celebrate Eid since we can't go out so there isn't much to do, haha!
I'd post a TBR, but knowing myself, my choice of books will probably be impromptu ^-^

message 16: by fairy princess (new)

fairy princess (cocowu) Justine (Milkz) wrote: "Yay! This came at the perfect time! I told myself I was finally going to get a good chunk of reading done this weekend haha. I’m excited! Will plan TBR later. ^^"

old fashioned is one of my favourites!

message 17: by fairy princess (new)

fairy princess (cocowu) my TBR will be:

1. autoboyography (its been on my shelf for so long!)
2. the raven boys (i've been recommended this by so many people so i really hope i like it

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma | 13 comments Ahh yay!! So excited :) I’ll *hopefully* have finished Aurora Rising before then, so I’m looking forward to this.

Challenge #1: This with either be me reading Dear Sweet Pea for the first time, or re-reading a favorite. I’m not quite sure yet, but will edit this later!

Challenge #2: I’m reading It Sounded Better in My Head! I *was* saving this until June, but I just bought it and I know a few of my GR friends loved it. It sounds like exactly what I’m needing right now!

message 19: by ❦ Shelby (new)

❦ Shelby | LiteraryFaery ❦ (literaryfaery) | 4 comments YAY. This is so exciting!!!

I'll be binge-reading a smutty fantasy romance trilogy by Sophie Oak to bring me frivolous joy, a series that was recommended to me by a dear friend.

message 20: by avery ♡ (new)

avery ♡ (libraryofavery) Can't wait! I think I'm gonna read The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett and try to finish Lord of Shadows and start Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare :)

message 21: by CourtLovesBooks (new)

CourtLovesBooks | 2 comments I’m so in! Any excuse to motivate my self to do something other than watch YouTube and be extremely unproductive is a good one in my book. Tbr coming soon.

message 22: by Pammale (new)

Pammale | 2 comments I’m in ! I just finished reading Sorcery of Thorns and I loved it and I don’t now what to read next but so many people have recommended me the illuminae files and renegades that I’m still choosing between them.

message 23: by Hilda (new)

Hilda (hilda5) | 2 comments I’m new. Hi! 👋🏼
This will be my first readathon. I’ve never done one before. I’ve been invited but I was a little scared. Today I decided to do it. Get over the fear and just do it. I have a couple of books to start and luckily they were all recommended by fellow GR and/or IG friends and I want to read them too so YAY!

Upsy Daisy
Knox
Wait With Me

message 24: by Lakin (new)

Lakin Glaze (lakinglaze) | 9 comments I’m so onboard! I was planning on reading this stormy weekend anyway!
Mine fits both ... I’m in the middle of Red Queen (absolutely f***ing loving it) so I’ll be finishing that and continuing on with the series.

message 25: by Glenda (new)

Glenda | 43 comments I'm in! I want to finish a couple of my current reads, These Nameless Things and Heroes of the Frontier , after that I'm not quite sure. I'll see what my reading mood is.

message 26: by Whitney (new)

Whitney | 1 comments Love this! I’m definitely reading a Katrina Jackson book for the first prompt

message 27: by marlene :) (new)

marlene :) | 3 comments Yes, Im very excited!! This is my very first readathon. The books I will read are probably I’ll Give You The Sun and Like a Love Story.

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 6 comments YASSSSS!!! Perfect weekend for a readathon. Why? Already in my plans! =] Here's my TBR:

1. Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas (library book - finish)
2. The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1) by Kate Williams (audiobook - finish)
3. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (The Hunger Games, #0) by Suzanne Collins

message 29: by Khaine (new)

Khaine (daughterofkhaine) I'm in! I have no idea what I'll read~ ^-^

message 30: by Melancholic (new)

Melancholic Blithe ⚡ (melancholicblithe) | 1 comments I'm so excited about it! I'm in

message 31: by Chloe (last edited May 25, 2020 01:44AM) (new)

Chloe | 14 comments Yay, I'm so excited!

For challenge 1: To Kill a Mockingbird

For challenge 2: Speak

Others I want to finish:
- Heartless
- Twilight (buddy read with Caitlin)

Saturday 23/05:

Sunday 24/05: finished Twilight, finished Heartless

Monday 25/05: finished The Indigo Spell

Doesn't look like I'll get to the challenges but I managed to read/finish three books!

message 32: by Axel (last edited May 21, 2020 10:07PM) (new)

Axel | 56 comments I'm in, it has been a while now. My list so far:

Your Dad Will Do
Loom Saga: The Complete Series (Just started reading the third book of this digital boxed set)
Scions of the Black Lotus: Complete Tales of the Floating World
(Might also do some audiobook here, not decided which one yet)

Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1) by Katee Robert Loom Saga The Complete Series by Elise Kova Scions of the Black Lotus Complete Tales of the Floating World by J.C. Kang

message 33: by Robin (new)

Robin Batty (thisbatttylife) | 4 comments Yay! Looks like I joined right on time!
I’m still working through a few books, but I’m going to try and pick up American Hippo by Sarah Gailey
Someone from YouTube recommended this, I don’t remember who 😔 but also, the title itself made me smile so it works!

message 34: by Valliya (new)

Valliya Rennell 1) Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

2) The Shining by Stephen King

Hi, everyone! I'm so glad you're all excited, I am too! I haven't done a readathon in a while and this weekend feels like a good time to just curl up with as many fun books as possible. ♥ I can't wait to see what everyone reads! I think I'm going to wait until Friday night to make my TBR since I have way too many current reads going on right now!

message 36: by Wajeeha (new)

Wajeeha | 3 comments Hi. Thanks for the invitation. And I'm in too. Though I will make my TBR later

Gemma ♕ Bookish Gems (bookishgems) | 20 comments Yessssss I am here for this! Can't wait!

message 38: by Bec (new)

Bec (_becandbooks) | 22 comments I want to join in so bad but I have an assignment due on Mondayyyyyyyyyyy 😔😔😔

Bec wrote: "I want to join in so bad but I have an assignment due on Mondayyyyyyyyyyy 😔😔😔"

Oh no! :( I'm sorry, love, good luck! <3 Feel free to join us after your assignment is finished if you get the chance!

message 40: by Laura (thebookcorps) (last edited May 25, 2020 09:37PM) (new)

Laura (thebookcorps) | 12 comments Ooh yes I'm so excited! I've been thinking about this group haha

TBR:
1. Something that will make you happy: Before the Coffee Gets Cold
2. Recommended by a friend: The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System

Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi The Scum Villain’s Self-Saving System by 墨香铜臭

I don't think I'll be able to finish both, but I'm going to try!

Finished:
Haha I didn't get a chance to finish the books I had on my mini tbr, but I did finish two books I had already started
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Ames-Foley (samesfoley) | 49 comments So fun, thanks Destiny! <3

My TBR:
-Finish Vita Nostra (recommended by several friends!) (depends on whether I finish it today but I don't think I will)
-The Man Who Saw Everything
-Nightmares and Dreamscapes (an old favorite! not exactly... fun, haha, but fun to go back to!)

message 42: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (treemarie87) | 11 comments I’m in! I have so many books I’m trying to work my way through so this is perfectly timed. I will post my TBR tonight

message 43: by McKenzie (new)

McKenzie | 1 comments This will be so exciting!

message 44: by Isabel ✰ (new)

Isabel ✰ 	 (onceuponanisabel) | 1 comments This is gonna be so great! I was meant to do Sapphicathon this week, but I ended up making a spontaneous visit to some family for a few days and haven't had a chance to start even though it ends on the 25th, so I have a ton of reading to do this weekend -- eek!

I'm planning on reading:

This Is What It Feels Like by Rebecca Barrow On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden The Last True Poets of the Sea by Julia Drake The Black Veins (Dead Magic #1) by Ashia Monet I Think I Love You by Auriane Desombre The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon

I kind of doubt I can get through all of them while sticking to this tbr, but we'll see how it goes!

message 45: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (omigodtrina) | 16 comments Hi everyone!

I will be reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins! I'm buddy reading it with one of my best friends.

message 46: by Book Barbarian (new)

Book Barbarian  (Tammy Smith) | 3 comments I guess I will have to pick Queen of Shadows for both, I dont think I can do two!

message 47: by Aundrea (new)

Aundrea I'm going to pick God Touched (Demon Accords, #1) by John Conroe God Touched. I've had a few people recommend it to me :D

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie Hannah | 1 comments My goal is to finish Little Women by Lousia May Alcott and possibly Sunday Lunch by Nora Naish. Good luck everyone!!!

message 49: by Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs (last edited May 25, 2020 04:04PM) (new)

Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 23 comments YAYYY! I have SO missed these!
Between Library and Review books, I have at least 11 between now and June 2.
Happy: The Impaler's Wife Review
Echoes of Evil Library/Virtual
Seeing Darkness Library/Virtual

Recommended: Killer Chardonnay NG ARC
Short Horror Stories VOL. 20 Author ARC
A Call for Kelp NG ARC

Bitter Paradise NG ARC

Review: Folly at the Fair_Annie Oakley
Tomes and Terriers, Hilary Avis
Talking Drum Tour
Scavenger Hunt, Dani Lamia
In the Role of Brie Hutchins NG Tour
Zig & Milly: Big Water

Titles Read:
A Call for Kelp
Killer Chardonnay
Seeing Darkness
The Cursed
The Hexed

message 50: by Olga (new)

Olga Zelenova | 41 comments Oh MAN have I missed these.

My personal goal for this weekend is to read 500 pages. I'm hoping to hit 1,000, but I have a LOT of plans this weekend, so I'm making it a stretch goal.

I'm only counting books I'm starting this weekend for this challenge, because I've had a LOT of trouble finishing books during the apocalypse.

So here are the books and I'm marking them in progress on here so I have no excuses.

Total Page Count: (0/500)

The Spider Dance by Nick Setchfield (0/352)
The Very Short, Entirely True History of Unicorns by Sarah Laskow (0/96)
Badd Medicine (Badd Brothers #11) by Jasinda Wilder (0/300)
The Day the Dead Came to Show and Tell (Newsflesh Trilogy, #3.3) by Mira Grant (0/84)
San Diego 2014 The Last Stand of the California Browncoats (Newsflesh Trilogy, #0.50) by Mira Grant (0/120)
Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1) by Donna Grant (0/384)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.