What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Science fiction. An epidemic, plagues and 12 apostles with a priest as one of the main characters. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Italo (new)

Italo | 3 comments I can't remember much about that book. I read it maybe 15 years ago.

It was about a epidemic and differents plagues around our planets. I think one of the main character was a priest. ANd somwhow the numer 12 was important; I'm not sure if it was like 12 apostles or leaders chosens or 12 plagues. Mos ot of the people in this world think in biblic reason about why is happening, and many circunstances show that.

At the end (spoiler) we realised it was made by an organization to reduce population and control them (probably from States)

I'm no sure about more details. Any of you has an idea?

Thanks, and sorry if my english is not the best.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Italo, I removed the spoiler from the topic header and added a spoiler alert. (Spoilers are fine in the comments. Just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Was it a Christian book?

Did you read it in English or a different language?

message 4: by Ergative (new)

Ergative Absolutive | 40 comments This almost sounds like Grass, by Sheri Tepper. I don't remember the number 12 being important, but there is an interplanetary plague, and a priest, and the solution to the plague is almost like yours (although the organization is not related to the US).

It's a fabulous book!

message 5: by Italo (new)

Italo | 3 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Was it a Christian book?

Did you read it in English or a different language?"

It wasn't Christian. I read it in Spanish, but I'm pretty sure originally was in english.

message 6: by Italo (new)

Italo | 3 comments Ergative wrote: "This almost sounds like Grass, by Sheri Tepper. I don't remember the number 12 being important, but there is an interplanetary plague, and a priest, and the solution to the plague is ..."

I'm going to read it. But it is not what I was lookinfg for. I don't remember anything of another species or stars; it was something more of an human conspiracy.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Grass (other topics)