What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Horror Fantasy? Girl whose brother is possessed by an alien/demon

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (new)

Sophie YA horror book (?), possibly British or Australian, 2000s or earlier, about a girl whose younger brother starts acting strangely. it's split into three sections: in the first he is acting similar to a person possessed by a demon (and a priest is called to exorcise him). in the second section he calms down and starts to become obsessed with the stars, implying that he is an alien. in the third section he calms down a little more, and the novel ends with some sort of climax/sacrifice? after which he returns to normal. the cover had a very pale ghostly looking boy on it, and i think the title was a one-word, strange sounding (making starting with a?) name that the boy called himself (i think based off a constellation). i read this book in the early 2010s as a child and was very disturbed but fascinated with it.

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 27, 2020 04:00PM) (new)

Kris | 35119 comments Mod
Added "YA Horror Fantasy?" to the topic header. Feel free to update it.

How old are the main characters?

message 3: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Is it Del-Del by Victor Kelleher? I never finished it because I found it too creepy so I’m not sure how it turned out!

message 4: by Aarna (new)

Aarna Jeve | 15 comments ????

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Del-Del for SBC's suggestion.

Also kinda reminded me of The Changeover, but I don't think it matches up exactly.

message 6: by Aarna (new)

Aarna Jeve | 15 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Del-Del for SBC's suggestion.

Also kinda reminded me of The Changeover, but I don't think it matches up exactly."

yessssssssss

message 7: by Aarna (new)

Aarna Jeve | 15 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Del-Del for SBC's suggestion.

Also kinda reminded me of The Changeover, but I don't think it matches up exactly."

it is del-del

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Just so no one gets confused, Sophie is the OP.

message 9: by JennAnn (new)

JennAnn | 20 comments Could it be John Wyndham’s “Chocky”? I don’t remember the book well enough to know whether all the details you give match, but a number of them do. And the cover picture you describe sounds very much like the one on the Penguin paperback edition of the book that I once owned.

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Chocky for JennAnn's suggestion.