Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > New Cover for Existing Book

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments I added a new cover for my book and it doesn't appear to have worked. The content has not changed . . . just the cover. Please advise. The book is "Phineas Varga and the Revenants of Windsor."

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17186 comments I have added the alternate covers.

Please ask support to correct your name as there should not be a space between your initials.

message 4: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments Now, my book is just gone.

message 5: by Scott (last edited May 22, 2020 08:26AM) (new)

message 6: by A.K. (last edited May 22, 2020 07:26AM) (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments When I go to the Author Dashboard it is no longer linked to my account. This is also the old cover.

message 7: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments BTW, thanks for your help in troubleshooting this.

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17186 comments As mentioned above you need to have support correct your name to the proper format.

message 9: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments Okay. Is that why my book is not linked to my author account? I was trying to tackle one issue at a time and my book being linked to my author account seemed to be more of a priority than removing a space, but if you are saying these are connected, then I can reprioritize.

message 10: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments FYI: It was linked before and I've never been told until now that the space was a problem although it has been this way since October of 2019.

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17186 comments Probably no one noticed that you changed it until now.

message 12: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments Okay, so will having support remove the space in my name cause the book to be linked to my Author account and with the correct book cover?

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17186 comments Yes.

message 14: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments God help me, but when I go to "Help" it is just putting me into a Help database to search issues. I see no place to contact "Support" to have them remove the space, link the book, and make sure that it has the updated, new cover. Maybe I just haven't gotten enough sleep and it is staring me in the face, but I don't see it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

message 15: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17186 comments Emily posted the link in #3.

message 16: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments Ugh. Well, it appears that I've wasted yours and Emily's time. Sorry.

message 17: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments FYI: The form at that link will only work if you do NOT attach a file to it. My file is only 525KB so it seems like it shouldn't be a file-size issue.

message 18: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17186 comments Why do you need to attach a file?

message 19: by A.K. (new)

A.K. Rouse (a_k_rouse) | 15 comments I just want to make sure that they know which cover is the new one.

message 20: by Scott (last edited May 22, 2020 08:25AM) (new)

Scott | 17186 comments The cover issue is resolved. You just need to ask them about your name.