What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Sweetest Sound
This topic is about The Sweetest Sound
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's / YA Fiction book, a girl who has a gift for singing but is afraid to share it. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by erica (last edited May 21, 2020 12:49PM) (new)

erica (ericanicolereads) | 2 comments I read this book around 2018 or 2019, the plotline is about a young girl who has an incredible talent for singing, but is scared to share it. (I think the girl was African American). Later in the book her friends hear her sing and figure it out. They suggest she sing in the church choir for an upcoming performance, but because she is nervous, she says she doesn't want to. At one point in the book she posts a video of her singing, but her identity and face are hidden. The video goes viral so rumors spread around and everyone is trying to figure out who it is. One of her friends figures out it is her, but since she doesn't want to reveal her identity, her friend begs her to let her lie and say she was the one who was singing. In the end, she doesn't let her, but sings at the church choir performance and reveals her identity.

I literally remember everything about this book except the name; not sure if this matters but the cover I believe was an illustration of a girl singing on her balcony at night. Not sure exactly if the author was male or female but I think it was female?

Thanks so much, I really hope I can find this book. I have been searching for it for the longest time and I am so glad I stumbled upon this group.

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2693 comments The Sweetest Sound by Sherri Winston?

message 3: by erica (new)

erica (ericanicolereads) | 2 comments Becca wrote: "The Sweetest Sound by Sherri Winston?"

oh. my. goodness. thank you so, so much, that's the book! I can't thank you enough :)

message 4: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2693 comments Erica wrote: "oh. my. goodness. thank you so, so much, that's the book! I can't thank you enough :)"

You're welcome! Glad to help.