Old Books, New Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > July 2020 - PIFM Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (last edited Jul 03, 2020 12:31PM) (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Pick It for Me Challenge - July 2020
Re-picks will be done on the June 30th.

Are you currently in a reading slump? Need help choosing your next book?
This challenge will partner you randomly with another participant who will choose a book for you to read that month. Sign up below with your desired shelf to be picked from.

Guidelines:
- Choose one book from your partners desired shelf.
- All books are accepted for this challenge.
- If you would like your partner to choose more than one book, please note it in your sign up post.
- Complete the book before month's end.
- After you complete your book, come back to let your partner know your thoughts on it. (Does not need to be a long description, if you like.)
- Be sure that your profile is public or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelf.

Before signing up, please be sure you can commit to the challenge. This is to ensure the challenge runs smoothly and everyone is picked for on time.

Participants:

Morgan - Shelf
April - Shelf
Sarah - Shelf
Jo - Shelf

Partners:
April & Sarah
Jo & Morgan

Proof:

Books:

Morgan - The Alice Network / The Thirteenth Tale
Jo - Anne of Green Gables
April - HomelandHyperion
Sarah - Up the Line

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery Homeland (Forgotten Realms The Dark Elf Trilogy, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #1) by R.A. Salvatore Hyperion (Hyperion Cantos, #1) by Dan Simmons Up the Line by Robert Silverberg

message 2: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 74 comments I'm in!

message 3: by April (new)

April | 92 comments I'll join :)

desired shelf - pifm shelf

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Partners posted!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah B | 90 comments Hi April! It seems we both like to read the same kind of books! We both read classics, fantasy and other things as well.

So my first choice for a book for you to read is Homeland by R.A. Salvatore. I had named two of my cats after his characters: Drizzt and Cattie-Brie. 🐈

If for some reason you can't get that one (because things are a bit strange these days) then my section choice would be Hyperion. Because I'm curious what it is about. And I have a copy of it that I need to read soon..I actually just got my copy of it. 😊 Only had it a few days.

Hopefully you like the book(s) I have picked.

You can pick any book you want for me because I have them on my bookshelf..no worries there. 😁

message 8: by April (new)

April | 92 comments Hello Sarah!

Yes, it does seem like we be both enjoy reading similar types of books. I saw some interesting books in your shelf (which I have now added to my own ever expanding TBR pile 😁). It made choosing just one book difficult.

For you, I chose Up The Line by Robert Silverberg.

Yay, Homeland! I look forward to reading it. I've owned the book for years but I have lost it - an embarrassing amount of times - within the mountains of books I own 😅. But don't worry, I found its hiding spot a few weeks ago so I am good to go 😊

I hope you enjoy the book I picked out for you.

message 9: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 74 comments Hi Jo,

For you I picked Anne of Green Gables. It was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Morgan wrote: "Hi Jo,

For you I picked Anne of Green Gables. It was one of my favorites when I was a kid. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts."

Hey Morgan! Sorry I am a day late. Here are two picks for July.
The Thirteenth Tale or The Alice Network

message 11: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 74 comments Thanks Elizabeth, both are great choices. I just bought the Alice Network so I will start with that one.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (cloaknquill) | 335 comments Morgan wrote: "Thanks Elizabeth, both are great choices. I just bought the Alice Network so I will start with that one."

Cant wait to hear your opinions. It is also on my TBR.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.