The Books of Michael Connelly discussion

Movies, Netflix, Prime > Amazon Prime the home of Bosch :) Netflix, Movies

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new)

Rob Twinem (runner56) | 30 comments Mod
I love the adaption of Michael Connelly's books with Titus Welliver in the leading role, I really see Bosch when I view Titus

message 2: by Rob (new)

"As we watch the film, we are allowed to gaze deeply into the eyes of beautiful, ugly, powerful, scary, interesting people. We invade their space. In daily life, such close access is not often available. The people on screen, however, seem not to know that we are watching them, which makes it even more intoxicating. All it would take would be for them to shift their eyes a few degrees, look into the lens, and we would be found out. But until then we can watch with fascination as thoughts and emotions pass like shadows, storms, and beams of sunlight across their faces....

message 3: by Rob (new)

Humans have been assembling in the dark, listening to stories since the invention of language. It is indelibly part of who we are and how we bond with each other. The theatrical experience is a recreation of this primeval gathering, the flames of the campfire replaced by shifting images that are telling the story itself....