San Antonio Public Library discussion

Bestsellers!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cmoreno) Do you look at the bestseller lists when looking for something to read? Which area do you look at - nonfiction, fiction or children's? Or do you look at all the genres and go from there?

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy West (nancygwest) | 34 comments Yes, always. Since I write mystery/suspense, and mysteries usually occupy 6 of the 10 fiction slots, I like to see what’s on the bestseller lists. I read lots of other things too.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cmoreno) I'm a moderator of a senior book group and I like to look at bestseller lists for ideas. I usually don't go with the most current list when selecting a title because the books are usually not available since there are several hundred or more holds on them.. however I do keep a list of book titles to read for the future and go from there. I try to alternate between both fiction and non fiction titles so that the group can have a variety of genres.

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy West (nancygwest) | 34 comments I just finished Bellweather Rhapsody to review for my reading group. (Will post a short version on Goodreads later.) When high school music prodigies converge at the old Bellweather Hotel in upstate New York for the annual musical competition, the weekend turns into a bizarre interlude of mysterious and horrific events. Author Racullia’s characters are unforgettable and her power to infuse readers with the power of music is incredible.
Nancy West

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy West (nancygwest) | 34 comments ...her ability to infuse readers with the power of music is incredible....(Sorry).