Skokie Public Library discussion

To Drink and To Eat: New Edition
This topic is about To Drink and To Eat
To Drink and to Eat Discussion > Question 7: Anything else?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Breyne | 450 comments What do you want to discuss?

Allyson | 155 comments Where does one get a Sardinian or similar tomato here in Chicagoland? What is the equivalent tomato we can get here? :)

Becca Boland | 797 comments Mod
This is a very important question, Allyson! I had a similar thought! I think that so few people have actually eaten decent tomatoes. So many of the ones that we have access to are tasteless and mushy. :(

How did everyone read this? I read it on my phone and while I found the way that it would move from panel to panel helpful, I don't think it is my favorite way to read a graphic novel. Maybe it was this book specifically?

Allyson | 155 comments I read it via phone and computer screen-- sometimes simultaneously. I liked to see the whole page and how the panels worked together, but I was only able to read it by going panel by panel on my phone. Glad to have tried it, but not my favorite way to read a graphic novel. Will try on a tablet next time!

Yeah, I think a tablet would have definitely made for a better experience. I'll try that too. I'm not ready to give up!

Diana La Cazadora (strawberrykiss) | 171 comments I read it on my phone and some on a tablet, but didn't think I could appreciate the art enough either way. I think the font was small, too, and I couldn't find the right way to appreciate each panel like I wanted.

That makes sense. Also, on my phone, the art was just a little pixelated in places.

Diana La Cazadora (strawberrykiss) | 171 comments I don't like tomatoes and this book has me thinking I just haven't tried the right one. But, also can someone explain the dozen eggs joke and the black radish story...they both went over my head.

Allyson | 155 comments I had completely forgotten about the black radishes!

Diana - I wish that I could!