What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Second Shift: Working Families and the Revolution at Home
This topic is about The Second Shift
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Nonfiction/self-help: Women and careers, 1990s-2000s? [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abi (new)

Abi (foureyedabi) | 12 comments My aunt gave my mom this book in the late 90s, early 2000s. I'd guess maybe 1997-2005 as a general range? I think it was white and the cover was this amazingly silly photoshopped image of a woman in a business skirt suit balancing or juggling a baby and a briefcase, or maybe like baby toys and a laptop or something.

The topic was something about "can women have it all?" I think it was hardback, too, if that helps.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32294 comments Mod
The Second Shift Working Families and the Revolution at Home by Arlie Russell Hochschild The Second Shift: Working Families and the Revolution at Home by Arlie Russell Hochschild?

Search = https://www.worldcat.org/advancedsear... > Keyword: "it all" | Subject: women careers | 1990-2007 ? | Not juvenile | Non-fiction | Book | English

message 3: by Abi (new)

Abi (foureyedabi) | 12 comments Thank you!!!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Great. Glad you found your book, Abi.

message 5: by Abi (new)

Abi (foureyedabi) | 12 comments Thank you to whoever marked it solved, too - couldn’t figure out how on mobile!

message 6: by Kris (new)

You're welcome. You have to use the full Desktop website - there's a small “edit” link after the header. This doesn't work on the Mobile website or app.