What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Face to Face (The Deverell Series #2)
This topic is about Face to Face
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance /Girl kidnapped By gentleman pirate while out with her cousin at a tavern at night looking for her brother. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Khanya (new) - added it

Khanya | 5 comments Historical Romance / Girl kidnapped

Hi. I'm trying to find a book I read a while ago but cannot recall the author or title. I remember the plot of this historical romance book.
The heroine is kidnapped while out at night with her female cousin who gets away. She is taken to the boat by the Captains son and his friend the son knows who she is the captain does not.
They sail to different places where she does fall for the captain who has a very dark past his first wife died and his son was lost to him for a very long time.
They get married and he brings her back home where she is pregnant and the baby is very large she has an extremely difficult birth evan her mother gives up asking the father to choose but he will not give up climbs up behind her and she gives birth the whole family cares for the child while he cares for her. In one scene she is back to health nursing on the beach and the son comes to greet his sister she asks him to come home but he refuses as he still wants revange on the man that killed his mother. The captain then goes searching for his son and at the end there is a fire on the boat and she nurses the son back to health

message 2: by JennyG (last edited May 21, 2020 04:36AM) (new)

message 3: by Kris (last edited May 21, 2020 05:24AM) (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Khanya, that's a good start. Please add more plot details to the topic header (title). We have thousands of romance requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- Around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.
- What is the story's time period and location.

message 4: by Khanya (last edited May 21, 2020 02:04PM) (new) - added it

Khanya | 5 comments Thank you Kris for the advice hope I managed to make it clearer.
The book is not Gentle Rouge , which is another great read.

The Hero in the Book is Much older than the Heroine closer to her parents age.

The heroine is kidnapped by the Hero's Son and his friend the son takes her knowing exactly who she is but warns her on the boat before getting on the ship not to inform the captain of her Identity. The Captain/Hero's Son is a sullen almost cruel boy to her and his only companion is an Irish/Scottish boy who is the complete opposite of the boy older than him who the Captain got for him to get the boy to open up more.

The story goes on him being in ignorance of who she is but unwilling to let her go. They travel to different places throughout the book and her nature if not somewhat childish is appealing to him they play cards in his cabin and he cheats her out of information about herself each time she loses.

Once he learns who she is he realizes what his son has planned this is where my memory gets a little hazy.

They go back to her family and they are married she is with child he gives the running of the ship to his son and first mate,she is constantly worried her father will realize he is a pirate as he works with the government.

When it is time for her to give birth the baby is too big and her mother tells the Hero he must choose he does not evan listen to her and sends the doctor away climbs up behind her and says to her they do not know your strength my girl you will not leave the mother cries he is being unfair but she does give birth to a baby girl and falls into a coma he stays by her side as she talks in her sleep about all their adventures and her mother find out.

I read it 4 years ago 2015 I think I think there is a book on the Heroines Parents regency era

message 5: by Khanya (last edited May 21, 2020 02:06PM) (new) - added it

Khanya | 5 comments JennyG wrote: "Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3) by Johanna Lindsey Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey

Enjoy! :)"

Thank you Jenny but its not Gentle Rogue

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1064 comments This sounds familiar, but I can't remember the title or author. You said you read it in 2015. Do you remember if it was published about that time or was it an older book? You also said that the H was older than the h. Do you remember what the age difference was? Was the h in her early 20's or younger? About what age was the H?

message 7: by Khanya (new) - added it

Khanya | 5 comments I'm not sure about publication I remember borrowing it from a bnb I stayed at. The age difference was maybe 20 years or less but he was older than her kept calling her Child she was 18 if not 19 years

message 8: by Khanya (new) - added it

Khanya | 5 comments Thank you , It was not one Book but Three Susan Ward The Deverell Series
Volume 1 When the Perfect Comes
Volume 2 Face to Face
Volume 3 Loves Patient Fury

message 9: by Kris (last edited May 22, 2020 10:13AM) (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Khanya. I see you've added Face To Face by Susan Ward to the topic header. For future reference, please post a comment with the solved book title, so we'll know for sure.