What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children’s Picture book about boy with two imaginary(?) horses named Horace and HORACE. Read in 1980s.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (kalariah) | 5 comments Short book for ages 5-7, boy has two horses (I think they’re imaginary) named Horace and HORACE. I was born in the early 80s and I grew up with it. Probably came out before I was born.

message 3: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (kalariah) | 5 comments It might be, but that book only mentions one horse. I remember specifically the boy saying his horses were named Horace and HORACE. (Yes, in all caps.)

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Marilyn, is this a children's picture book or novel?

If a picture book: can you describe the illustrations - e.g., simple or detailed, realistic or cartoony, painted watercolors or bold graphics, bright or dark colors, black & white? Do they remind you of a similar illustrator or picture book author?

message 5: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (kalariah) | 5 comments It’s a children’s picture book, it’s been so long that I don’t remember much, but I believe it was in tri-color style. More cartoonish than realistic.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Thanks. I added some details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from the header alone. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website – not the Mobile website or app.