What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Pregnant widow goes to live with dead husband's brother/best friend. Takes place in modern times. Adult Romance

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karissa (new)

Karissa Singh | 2 comments Adult romance fiction that takes place in modern day setting. I read it around 2003-2005. I vaguely remember the cover of the book having flowers or pots with flowers and a wall.

A pregnant widow goes to live with her dead husband's best friend (or brother?) and *spoiler* they fall in love.

I recall there being a part where his friends come over and she's reading but when she hears them come into the library, hides (or is sitting in a chair face away from them) and she thinks she looks terrible. However when she reveals herself, he thinks to himself she looks beautiful.

Another part: After some big event, they are driving home in the snow and he stops the car, one of them gets out and they declare their love for each other.

Another part: He wakes up early and takes care of the baby while making breakfast. She secretly watches them.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Karissa, what are main characters incl. dead husband's job?

What's the location - country, region, well-known city, small town?

What's the tone - e.g., romantic, sad, angsty, steam or clean?

message 3: by Karissa (last edited May 26, 2020 01:26PM) (new)

Karissa Singh | 2 comments Kris, I really can’t recall much else. It was a clean romance though.

Not sure about the husband’s job.

As for the region, I remember it was snowing at one point. That’s about it