Bookish First Readers discussion

The Suicide House
This topic is about The Suicide House
Archives > The Suicide House by Charlie Donlea

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Feb 15, 2021 01:10PM) (new)

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) | 507 comments Mod
What was your First Impression from the First Look? Did you win a copy of this book? Discuss The Suicide House here!

Misha (infairveronaa) | 8 comments I claimed this one right at midnight! Been chasing it on Goodreads giveaways and was super excited when I saw it BookishFirst =D

Michelle | 124 comments I loved this excerpt. Didn’t expect to and wasn’t intending to use my points, but I just have to know what’s going on.

Nick Krapf | 1 comments I used my points. I'm hooked

message 5: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 301 comments I didn't enter to win since it's book 2 and I don't have time to read book 1 first.

message 6: by Rhonda (new) - added it

Rhonda Stefani  (rhonda72) | 10 comments Wish I would've claimed a copy as soon as it was open. Really wanted this one!

Michelle | 124 comments Elyse wrote: "I didn't enter to win since it's book 2 and I don't have time to read book 1 first."

I didn't realize this was a book 2! Luckily, Hoopla has book 1, so I'm hoping to get it read in time...

Misha (infairveronaa) | 8 comments Michelle wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I didn't enter to win since it's book 2 and I don't have time to read book 1 first."

I didn't realize this was a book 2! Luckily, Hoopla has book 1, so I'm hoping to get it read in ..."

I ordered the first one also to read first. But I think it's one of those series though that you don't necessarily need to read the 1st one to understand book 2. It's just the same forensic crime scene reconstructionist as a main character in both books so maybe a little backstory on her would be missing but not anything about the plot as a whole.

Michelle | 124 comments Misha wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I didn't enter to win since it's book 2 and I don't have time to read book 1 first."

I didn't realize this was a book 2! Luckily, Hoopla has book 1, so I'm hoping t..."

That's what it sounds like to me too. The start of Suicide House wasn't confusing in any way, so maybe there's not too many overlapping story lines like other series.

message 10: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 301 comments Misha wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I didn't enter to win since it's book 2 and I don't have time to read book 1 first."

I didn't realize this was a book 2! Luckily, Hoopla has book 1, so I'm hoping t..."

Good point!