What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Psychological thriller. May be a young adult book, but could also be an adult book. Girl gets letters from a dad who is in prison for murder? He may have been a clown as to get his victims?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (last edited May 21, 2020 03:00AM) (new)

Sophia | 2 comments Read 2014-2015.

It was based in England, not exactly sure where but it was near a museum of childhood, I think it was the bethnal green one.

Girl's dad was in prison and used to send her letters from prison (may have been still been sending them but I think they were more a thing of the past). [spoiler] May have been a clown as to get his victims and kill them.

She did art and she regularly visited the bethnal green museum of childhood for her sketches for her final piece.

There was a boy who liked her and constantly tried to make a move on her (quite respectfully from my memory). Think she may have actually started to like him and went and visited his house once. The writing made this seem a strange/weird occurrence for her, but she seemingly liked it.

I think she may have lived alone, but I can't really remember. If she didn't live alone, she must have been with distant relatives like an aunt and uncle.

The cover art (from what I remember) was all black and then had a chalk outline of a house.

Anything you can help with, I'd really appreciate it!!

message 2: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 2 comments It's The Dead House by Anne Cassidy, found it out myself.

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16838 comments Glad you found it!

The Dead House for the link.