Cannonball Readers discussion

Featured Reviews > Your first favourite book?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tali (new)

Tali C | 72 comments Mod
As quarantine continues I’ve fallen into something of a nostalgia trap. Do you remember your first favourite book or books? Have you read them again as an adult? Do they hold up?

message 2: by Jelinas (new)

Jelinas | 2 comments Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and yes! That goes for all of Roald Dahl's books, btw!!

message 3: by Emmalita (new)

Emmalita | 132 comments Mod
The first favorite books I remember are Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House series and The Little Princess, both of which I have reconsidered as an adult. I don’t remember the title of my other favorite, but it was also about a poor orphan girl.

message 4: by Raven (new)

Raven Black (blackraven6913) | 124 comments Veronica, the Show-Off by Nancy Robinson was the first book I remember rereading.  However, I have never seen it as an adult so I can't tell you if it held up. But I have a feeling that it probably doesn't!  But I have had a lot of "favorite first" Fallen Angels by Myers asit was my first "adult/young adult" book on Vietnam. My Christopher Pike and RL Stine (before Goosebumps) and Richie Cusack for thrillers. Leo the Lop from the Serendipity series. And not to mention Dragon's Blood by Yolen as it was one of the first books I asked my mom if I could buy.