WBTPLibrary Book Club discussion

Book Woman of Troublesome Creek > (Final) Discussion Question #8

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

West Bloomfield Twp. Public Library (wblibrary) | 47 comments Mod
Alright let's wrap up The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek with one last discussion question!

What do you think happens to Cussy, Jackson, Honey, and the other inhabitants of Troublesome after the story ends? Imagine you were Cussy - how would you feel leaving Troublesome for good?

West Bloomfield Twp. Public Library (wblibrary) | 47 comments Mod
I am an eternal optimist and I like to think that everyone was able to live happily ever after. In my ending Cussy, Jackson, and Honey lived together without prejudice and had a long and happy life together. Is that what would have happened in real life at that time? Probably not, unfortunately.

As for Cussy leaving Troublesome, I think she would definitely feel conflicted. While there isn't much holding her there anymore, she is leaving the only life she has known. I would feel uncertainty and fear, but hopefully optimistic for the future.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I sure hope Jackson, Cussy and Honey live happily ever after! I would be so grateful to leave that place after the terrible way in which she and Jackson were treated. It would be a relief to go, and I would get out of there as soon as I could!