What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical fiction novel about a girl who is going to be/is married off and then banished.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jenntendo64) | 3 comments It’s a historical fiction book for adults that takes place in India or the Middle East fI think) and it’s about a girl who is married off (as a second wife, I think) to a wealthy man. She slowly gets to know this man and they seemingly get along but then one day she crosses a line and is banished from his house. OR she becomes his concubine but is not eligible for marriage??

I think she plays some kind of game (like checkers) with him. After she’s banished, I’m I think she has to make a living out of selling spices in the market?? Or carpets/rugs??

I read it about 10 years ago (so 2009/2010) in paperback (I think). The cover has some kind of red detail on it.

It is NOT The Mistress of Spices or The Twentieth Wife. The girl is poor and after she is banished, the novel ends on an ambiguous note.

I honestly can’t remember more than that! But I feel like if I saw the cover or the title it would come back to me.

Thanks for reading this and thanks in advance for your help! ☺️

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jenntendo64) | 3 comments SOLVED on another site. It’s “The Blood of Flowers” by Anita Amirrezvani.

message 3: by Alex (new)