Albany Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2020 What are you Reading? > What are you reading this week (May 20-27) AND our June book club titles!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren C | 80 comments Mod
Hi everyone,
It's been so beautiful outside we've all been enjoying the sunshine, and I hope you have too! I gave up on The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz, and started something completely different-- Stepping Stones, by Lucy Knisley. I love her adult graphic novels, and so far I'm really enjoying this first graphic novel for kids. The other cool thing is that it takes place in Rhinebeck, New York, not too far from here!
Have you abandoned any books lately? There's no shame in it!

I also wanted to let you all know what our book clubs are going to be discussing in June. I think we have some great titles!

The Mystery Book Club is going to be reading Fallen Mountains by Kimi Cunningham, and discussing in on June 1.
You can download it from Hoopla or Overdrive, and register for the discussion here.

The Non-Fiction Book Club is going to be reading The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine who Outwitted America’s Enemies by Jason Fagone, and discussing in on June 9.
You can download it from Hoopla or Overdrive, and register for the discussion here.

And our Fiction Book Club is going to be reading The Mountains Sing by Nguyen Phan Que, and discussing in on June 24.

We hope to see you there!

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 80 comments Mod
I haven't abandoned any reads yet, but I've certainly read different books than the ones I intended to start. One thing that's helped is that I've been listening to audiobooks while working on puzzles, and the time flies.

I started A Good Girl's Guide to Murder this week. The audiobook is well done, with a small cast of voice actors. Some audiobooks with multiple voice actors get confusing (see Lincoln in the Bardo), but A Good Girl's Guide to Murder has done an excellent job so far of focusing on the narrator with only a few additional voice actors in specific conversations.

message 3: by Mirkat (new)

Mirkat | 206 comments Cassandra, that's our June read for the Forever YA book club. You should join our discussion on 6/15!

message 4: by Abi (new)

Abi (foureyedabi) | 75 comments I'm reading Wow, No Thank You. and so far I have spit out a drink twice. I love Samantha Irby so much :)

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren C | 80 comments Mod
Abi wrote: "I'm reading Wow, No Thank You. and so far I have spit out a drink twice. I love Samantha Irby so much :)"

Thanks for the recommendation, Abi! I just put that one on my to-read list. I've heard so many good things about Samantha Irby but haven't read anything by her yet.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.