What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Vampire book with Dracula and a baby - Spoiler

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 178 comments This was a book I read probably back in the 1990s, and I know I had a copy, but it probably was sold or given away by the estate sale company when we were packing up our house last year. The premise was the main character was a doctor who either had the child herself or adopted the child. He was a baby who had a very unusual digestive system and seemingly had anemia. Somehow, they figured out that he had to have transfusions and couldn't really eat food too well. It turns out that he was a living descendant of Dracula, and there was a ritual that needed to be performed for him to become a powerful vampire with his ancestor. It involved him actually drinking blood, which would complete the transformation. The heroine manages to get to the baby boy before the ritual can be completed by the vampire coven, and she and a friend managed to defeat the coven as well, but if I remember, it was a slim margin of defeat. If I'm remembering correctly, I may have gotten the book from Science Fiction Book Club, but I'm not sure.

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 178 comments Found it. Children of the Night by Dan Simmons https://www.amazon.com/Children-Night...