What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romantic Suspense. Man prepares his last meal of steak & wine before planning to commit suicide. Innocent cop? accused of killing his wife during divorce. Returns to hometown & falls in love with woman who just moved in.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taunie (new)

Taunie | 5 comments Read in 18-19. I think it had to do with him seeing something on tv that stopped him from doing it and he ends up going back to his old hometown and falling in love with a woman who just moved in. I think he was a cop before being accused of his wife’s murder. He was innocent but no one believed him and he felt his life was over. The woman is running from something too. Maybe even has a fake name?

message 2: by Taunie (new)

Taunie | 5 comments He was preparing a steak and a bottle of wine he’d been saving. Him and wife were divorcing before she was killed.

message 3: by Taunie (new)

Taunie | 5 comments Bump

message 4: by Taunie (new)

Taunie | 5 comments I feel like it was a Nora Roberts book, but I can’t find it. It’s not whiskey beach, and none of the others fit, so I guess it isn’t one of hers. But it was similar to her style if I remember right.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jul 22, 2020 09:51AM) (new)

Kris | 33315 comments Mod
Taunie, I added some plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. I guessed this is a romantic suspense novel (re: Nora Roberts). Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 6: by Taunie (new)

Taunie | 5 comments Bump

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)