Glitter Guide Book Lovers discussion

Fav Summer read?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Welker | 44 comments Mod
Pretend we’re not in quarantine for a second and you’re going on a beach vacation (a girl can dream, right?) - what’s the one book you would bring with you to read on the beach this summer? I’m a sucker for thrillers and I could reread The Silent Patient over and over again so I think that would be my pick 🧐

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Viklund (brittanyviklund) | 11 comments Where the Crawdads Sing— I read that last spring & wished I’d actually read it over the summer. And I love reading Island of the Blue Dolphins in the summer too.

The Silent Patient is very close to the top of my list for my next few reads, might need to bump it up!

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 3 comments I just finished The Silent Patient. Wow that was great!
If I were lucky enough to be lying on a beach I would bring Rodham by Curtis Sittenfeld. I'm so excited to read it. For a back-up I'd re-read Circe.
Where Crawdads Sing is also on my TBR :)

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana (ourcitylights) | 4 comments I re-read books based on my mood but a summer vacation beach read would be The Hating Game and Fix Her Up. I love angsty romance books. As for thrillers, I recently finished Foe by Iain Reid and I haven’t stopped thinking about it! That one is worth re-reading too.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Barthropp | 1 comments I recently finished “The Great Alone” and it was such a fantastic story. I read it insanely fast - which is pretty much how I would categorize a summer read. I want to read all Kristin Hannah’s books ASAP!!

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Brittany wrote: "Where the Crawdads Sing— I read that last spring & wished I’d actually read it over the summer. And I love reading Island of the Blue Dolphins in the summer too.

The Silent Patient is very close t..."

That's a great choice! I really hope when you do finally read the Silent Patient I didn't hype it up too much 😅

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Teresa wrote: "I just finished The Silent Patient. Wow that was great!
If I were lucky enough to be lying on a beach I would bring Rodham by Curtis Sittenfeld. I'm so excited to read it. For a back-up I'd re-read..."

Ah, isn't it so good!! I want to read Rodham too. I wonder what Hilary would read on the beach 😂

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Diana wrote: "I re-read books based on my mood but a summer vacation beach read would be The Hating Game and Fix Her Up. I love angsty romance books. As for thrillers, I recently finished Foe by Iain Reid and I ..."

Ok, definitely checking that one out!

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Sarah wrote: "I recently finished “The Great Alone” and it was such a fantastic story. I read it insanely fast - which is pretty much how I would categorize a summer read. I want to read all Kristin Hannah’s boo..."

Oh gosh wasn't that book so good?? I was surprised how quickly I read it too, given how many pages it is!

message 10: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Davis (kelsey_davis) | 4 comments Hmmm.. What’s the summery version of One Day in December? That’s what I’d bring on my imaginary beach vacay!

message 11: by Ali (new)

Ali | 2 comments I just started Verity, but saw amazing reviews on it! It seems like it’s going to be a really fast read.

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Ali wrote: "I just started Verity, but saw amazing reviews on it! It seems like it’s going to be a really fast read."

That one is on my list!

message 13: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Sterling (taylorsterling) | 52 comments Mod
I have procrastinated answering this one... trying to think of a summery book read that I have. I can't think of one except for re-reading Tina Fey's Bossy Pants all the time. LOL

Or David Sedaris books

message 14: by Ali (new)

Ali | 2 comments Samantha wrote: "Ali wrote: "I just started Verity, but saw amazing reviews on it! It seems like it’s going to be a really fast read."

That one is on my list!"

IT WAS SO GOOD. I finished it so quickly once I started really reading it. I could not put it down.

message 15: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 3 comments I recently finished Little Weirds by Jenny Slate and really enjoyed it. I love her quirky writing.