KOTLC discussion

Book Talk > The Great Gulon Incident

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sᴍɪʟᴇʏ Fοⅹ | 160 comments Ok, the books have hinted at this great incident, but what is it really? Any ideas?

Sᴍɪʟᴇʏ Fοⅹ | 160 comments [[Did I even spell that right? XD]]

message 3: by ♡Claire♡ (new)

♡Claire♡ Yes you spelled it right, congrats! ;)

Sᴍɪʟᴇʏ Fοⅹ | 160 comments Haha! Thx!

message 5: by ♡Claire♡ (new)

♡Claire♡ Hmmmm I honestly have no idea what it’ll be about, but I’m sure it will be Keefe’s greatest and proudest moment of glory!

Sᴍɪʟᴇʏ Fοⅹ | 160 comments Ok, so what are Gulons? Aren’t they super stinky creatures?

message 7: by ♡Claire♡ (new)

♡Claire♡ Yes I think the book mentioned them once or twice?

message 8: by Aҽɾιαʅ (new)

Aҽɾιαʅ Dყɳαɱιƈ (fairiefox14) | 972 comments well, it took place tree years before the first book, and Keefe is supposedly the mastermind behind it, as clues suggest. Gulons are magical creatures that are known for passing a lot of stinky gas

message 9: by Silver - Have a great day, you're loved (last edited May 24, 2020 09:14PM) (new)

Silver  - Have a great day, you're loved For some reason, I always imagine them as goblins from Trollhunters but stinky.

(I tried to add an image but forgot how.

message 10: by Aҽɾιαʅ (new)

Aҽɾιαʅ Dყɳαɱιƈ (fairiefox14) | 972 comments there are many ways to add an image, but I do it different than everyone else, so I'm no help

Silver  - Have a great day, you're loved Okay, thanks though

message 12: by BOOKS ARE LIFE (new)

BOOKS ARE LIFE | 351 comments Mod
I don't know, but with Keefe...it can't be good.

Captain Jack ~NEW BIO PLEASE READ | 37 comments HAHAHAHA YASSSSSSSSSSSSS

message 14: by KingdomReader (new)

KingdomReader Okay so have you all seen those funny videos where theres a group of people in an elevator and one leaves, and as the doors close everyone in the elevator gets these looks on their faces and cry out in terror as they smell the gas that was passed in the elevator.
Then it goes to the person who got out and their smiling evilly.

I think thats what Keefe did but he did it at Foxfire, but there was no escape.

message 15: by Keira (new)

Keira Blevens (ktbkt) Keefe insists he has nothing to do with it, but we all know THAT'S a lie.

message 16: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (catqueen555) Wouldn’t it be crazy if he had nothing to do with it though? Like he just sat back and watched someone else do all the hard work.

message 18: by Rhea (new)

Rhea | 23 comments (I haven’t read unlocked, but I feel like it might explain the great gulon incident in it)
My theory is that Keefe let it a bunch of Gulons in the school. Like so that the school would stink. Or I think it has to do with Councillor Alina when she was principal.

message 19: by Rhea (new)

Rhea | 23 comments Idk , tho. Just my imaginational theory 😂

ƒαηgιяℓ_σνєяℓσα∂__(っ◔◡◔)っαυηтιєяσιѕмувαвуѕσвα¢к域 (fangirl_overload) | 607 comments no, it was very organized remember the map of foxfire that said *place gulon here* that Sophie found when searching Keefe's room (I can't remember if this is before or after Tam said "he uses more hair products than me!")
so what I think is that he put a bunch of gulons in various areas around foxfire then got them to launch stink all at the same time!

message 21: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Weaver (mybookselfisfullofbooks) | 9 comments Fangirloverload wrote: "no, it was very organized remember the map of foxfire that said *place gulon here* that Sophie found when searching Keefe's room (I can't remember if this is before or after Tam said "he uses more ..."

that is what I am some what thinking too hbfiwrjbfwijfbwe

message 22: by Clementine, in love with liam stewart (new)

Clementine Wingfeather (clemwingfeather) | 402 comments Mod
how do you all say “gulon”? i say it GOO-lawn, but one of my friends says it guh-LAWN. just wondering.

message 23: by arwyn_d (new)

arwyn_d | 603 comments Clementine wrote: "how do you all say “gulon”? i say it GOO-lawn, but one of my friends says it guh-LAWN. just wondering."

i say it like gou- lawn

message 24: by Aҽɾιαʅ (new)

Aҽɾιαʅ Dყɳαɱιƈ (fairiefox14) | 972 comments I say it GULL-uhn

daughterofathenacarli | 195 comments Clementine wrote: "how do you all say “gulon”? i say it GOO-lawn, but one of my friends says it guh-LAWN. just wondering."

yeah i say it like Goo-lawn too

ƒαηgιяℓ_σνєяℓσα∂__(っ◔◡◔)っαυηтιєяσιѕмувαвуѕσвα¢к域 (fangirl_overload) | 607 comments Clementine wrote: "how do you all say “gulon”? i say it GOO-lawn, but one of my friends says it guh-LAWN. just wondering."

i say it GUL un (sometimes on)

message 27: by daughterofathenacarli (last edited Feb 08, 2021 10:05AM) (new)

daughterofathenacarli | 195 comments also do y'all pronounce Biana like bye-anna or like bye-ona? I usually say Bye-anna

message 29: by Clementine, in love with liam stewart (new)

Clementine Wingfeather (clemwingfeather) | 402 comments Mod
yeash same. bee-ana

ƒαηgιяℓ_σνєяℓσα∂__(っ◔◡◔)っαυηтιєяσιѕмувαвуѕσвα¢к域 (fangirl_overload) | 607 comments hmm what about linh? me and one of my friends don't get it and pronounce it li hu (huh)
i don't know how to type how we say it but it kinda sounds like someone starting to say her name and then gagging almost idk its weird

daughterofathenacarli | 195 comments Clementine wrote: "yeash same. bee-ana"

ƒαηgιяℓ_σνєяℓσα∂__(っ◔◡◔)っαυηтιєяσιѕмувαвуѕσвα¢к域 wrote: "i pronounce it BEE Anna"

oh wow hahah ive never even considered ppl would say it like that XD

daughterofathenacarli | 195 comments ƒαηgιяℓ_σνєяℓσα∂__(っ◔◡◔)っαυηтιєяσιѕмувαвуѕσвα¢к域 wrote: "hmm what about linh? me and one of my friends don't get it and pronounce it li hu (huh)
i don't know how to type how we say it but it kinda sounds like someone starting to say her name and then gag..."

hahah i always have just pronounced it like Linh would be pronounced without the h. just like lin. bc isnt that how linh cinder's name is also pronounced? idk.

message 33: by arwyn_d (new)

arwyn_d | 603 comments im so dumb bc for the longest time i thought linh was spelled linah, bc apparently i cant read (smh) so i would pronounce it lee-nuh but then i finally realized her name is spelled linh and i pronounce it like lynn

Carrlene [Account revamp & profile change coming soon!!] Ray | 631 comments Mod
The whole first book I thought Keefe was
kee-FEE and it took a LOT of getting used to the correct pronunciation

message 35: by arwyn_d (new)

arwyn_d | 603 comments Carrlene wrote: "The whole first book I thought Keefe was
kee-FEE and it took a LOT of getting used to the correct pronunciation"

haha yah ive heard that happened to a lot of people too, i knew the correct pronunciation bc there's a construction company near where i live called o' keefe and i knew how to pronounce it bc my mom said it one time before i ever started kotlc a longgg time ago loll

o’ Keefe!!!! I wanna go there!

message 37: by BOOKS ARE LIFE (new)

ƒαηgιяℓ_σνєяℓσα∂__(っ◔◡◔)っαυηтιєяσιѕмувαвуѕσвα¢к域 wrote: "Clementine wrote: "how do you all say “gulon”? i say it GOO-lawn, but one of my friends says it guh-LAWN. just wondering."

i say it GUL un (sometimes on)"

I say it GA-loon, don't judge, I've been pronouncing it like that from day one and I don't think I could stop!!! :)

message 38: by arwyn_d (last edited Feb 09, 2021 04:44AM) (new)

arwyn_d | 603 comments like balloon? thats so cuteee, just a little chubby gulon is what i picture loll

message 40: by Charlene (new)

Charlene  Turner: KINGDOM KEEPER | 156 comments This is a Gulon:
Based off of a wolverine, the Gulon is considered to be a ...

message 41: by Charlene (new)

Charlene  Turner: KINGDOM KEEPER | 156 comments I'm mad she doesn't tell us what happened

message 43: by arwyn_d (last edited Feb 09, 2021 09:04AM) (new)

arwyn_d | 603 comments i-

so its a demonic skunk

message 44: by arwyn_d (new)

arwyn_d | 603 comments ƒαηgιяℓ_σνєяℓσα∂__(っ◔◡◔)っαυηтιєяσιѕмувαвуѕσвα¢к域 wrote: "HHAHHFTHRGNGNRTBGSETWJTRN NUUUUU
this is

"

*sighs in relief that ms stinkbottom will not try and murder keefe in his sleep*

ƒαηgιяℓ_σνєяℓσα∂__(っ◔◡◔)っαυηтιєяσιѕмувαвуѕσвα¢к域 (fangirl_overload) | 607 comments arwyn_d wrote: "i-

so its a demonic skunk"

if anything gulons are demonic anteaters crossed with skunks

Yes! I was playing Taboo and SO BADLY WISHED I HAD A KOTLC FAN GUESSING! Because there was a skunk and I would’ve said “Forbidden Cities version of a Gulon” and then there was mirror and I was like “Vertina!!!”

message 48: by Charlene (new)

Charlene  Turner: KINGDOM KEEPER | 156 comments LOL!! I thing a gulon is more of a wolverine in our world but in theirs, to me it looks like a aardvark kangaroo

message 49: by arwyn_d (new)

arwyn_d | 603 comments Charlene wrote: "LOL!! I thing a gulon is more of a wolverine in our world but in theirs, to me it looks like a aardvark kangaroo"

haha

message 50: by BOOKS ARE LIFE (new)

Charlene wrote: "LOL!! I thing a gulon is more of a wolverine in our world but in theirs, to me it looks like a aardvark kangaroo"

I LOVE that!!! :)

« previous 1