Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Experienced and reliable beta reader

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla Gray | 14 comments With extensive, professional copywriting experience and a love of reading, I can provide a thorough review of your manuscript to make sure it really shines before it hits the shelves!

I'll return your manuscript file with my thoughts and comments as I read, along with a summary at the end of each chapter. I'll also send a full review of your manuscript (typically three or four pages) from a reader's point of view, focusing on:

- characterization and dialogue
- consistency (character motivation, world-building etc)
- plot and pacing
- writing style and tone of voice
- any problem areas (plot holes, parts of the story where the pace lagged etc)
- any other specific areas as requested.

The costs depend on the length of your manuscript and breakdown as follows:
Up to 50,000 words: $39
50,000 - 100,000 words: $59
100,000 - 150,000 words: $79
Over 150,000 words: $79 for the first 150,000 words plus $0.5 per 1,000 words thereafter

You can see a full breakdown of what my analysis document will include, as well as testimonials from authors I've worked with at http://mikaylasbookshelf.blogspot.com...

If you'd like to book me for a beta read, or if you have any questions about my service, please do get in touch!

message 2: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 34 comments Hi Mikayla,

I have an Adult Dark Fantasy novel completed at 140k words ready for one more beta read before I dive into the query trenches!

I'll be attaching my email down below and if you're interested, I'd be happy to talk to you about the details

tamara.saadeh123@gmail.com

Best,
Tamara

message 3: by David (new)

David Wildman | 13 comments Hi Mikayla, I am looking for a paid beta reader for my novel The Myriad Era, a Sci Fi thriller. 284 pages (73,000 words). I've recently gone through intensive work with an editor after an agent said the book is 75 percent there, so they are now waiting on my revisions.
The book is about an aging former rock star with addiction problems that are destroying his marriage. He tries standard psychotherapy but is unable to face the darkness within, so he agrees to a new untested method in which a computer maps his brain in order to get to the root of his trauma. He ends up getting a lot more than he bargained for. It's a story of love, art, creation and the future of music.

I've had my short story The Red River Virus published in The Huffington Post and this is my 4th novel. My first novel The Book of Enemy was blurbed by Chuck Palahniuk as "wildass awesome and amazingly original",

Let me know if you are interested in doing a Beta reading. Your prices are very reasonable. Thanks! David

message 4: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla Gray | 14 comments Tamara wrote: "Hi Mikayla,

I have an Adult Dark Fantasy novel completed at 140k words ready for one more beta read before I dive into the query trenches!

I'll be attaching my email down below and if you're inte..."

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for your message! I'd definitely be interested in this one - I've sent you an email.

Best, Mikayla

message 5: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla Gray | 14 comments David wrote: "Hi Mikayla, I am looking for a paid beta reader for my novel The Myriad Era, a Sci Fi thriller. 284 pages (73,000 words). I've recently gone through intensive work with an editor after an agent sai..."

Hi David,

Thanks for your message! I'd be more than happy to beta read for you.

I offer a three chapter sample of my work free of charge to make sure my services are a good match for you before you commit to anything, so if you email me (mikayla-gray@hotmail.com) we can get started.

Best, Mikayla