What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Psychological thriller/ mystery. Girl's female best friend is kidnapped, set in US(?). Different suspicious men are investigated. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elise (new)

Elise | 7 comments I read this book maybe two years ago? My mum gave it to me but she gets rid of books once we’ve read them!

Basically all along this girl is missing in America I believe, can’t remember who’s perspective it was (sorry!) but they were exploring random leads of men who had been creepy throughout the girl’s life and in the end it turns out it was her best friend’s dad and they were having an inappropriate or illegal relationship? They were at like a motel in a different state and spotted at one point. One of the “leads” was a strange man who was infatuated with the same missing girl and would watch her? I think maybe the dad killed himself in the end or at least went to prison? I really want to read this book again as it was really gripping and I want to keep a copy of it.

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 19, 2020 02:33PM) (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Elise, I added genre, some plot details, and a spoiler alert to the topic header. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

How old are the girls? Is this book for adults or teens?

Would you call this a psychological thriller?

message 3: by Elise (new)

Elise | 7 comments Thank you! I realised afterwards but I don’t have a laptop right now so I couldn’t edit it. The girls are teens within the age range of about 13-15 from what I remember. I think it’s a book for adults but I cannot day for sure, it was definitely more of a “mature themes” moment? Yes I would in fact say it was a psychological thriller, I’m so sorry as you can tell I’ve been out of the reading game for far too long! But this book has been in my mind for over a year now and I’ve not found it.

message 4: by Mary (new)

Mary (neverandnever) | 3 comments Is it possibly The End of Everything by Megan Abbott?
I'm sorry if I didn't link. Just an idea.

message 5: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2070 comments The End of Everything for Mary's link.

message 6: by Elise (new)

Elise | 7 comments Mary it could be! Irrespective of whether it is or not, I want to read that book now so I’m going to order it and then I can update on if it is it or not! Thank you very much & thank you for the link Sam!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of The End of Everything by Megan Abbott - Mary's suggestion:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Gu4... There are different cover images.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The End of Everything (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Megan Abbott (other topics)