Reading with Style discussion

RwS Summer 2020 > 10.1 Pick a Card, Any Card

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6029 comments Read a book using any one card from last season's Blackjack. You may read for this task three times, but you must use the same card each time.

Please post any questions or comments about task 10.1 in this thread.

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise | 1502 comments Is the ace of diamonds card included, or will the usual page count requirements apply?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11968 comments Denise wrote: "Is the ace of diamonds card included, or will the usual page count requirements apply?"

I wondered why no one had asked this yet. Yes, the Ace of Diamonds is in force this season. I hope you and others will be able to take advantage of it.

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise | 1502 comments Thank you, that is very generous! I'm sure planning to take advantage of it, although I did feel greedy even asking.

message 5: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 4492 comments That’s the one I’m planning to use;)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11968 comments Thank you for reminding me about this card. When this task was first proposed, I thought I would have to use it for some books for another group that had no place. I found a place for those and so promptly moved on.

I have now found some Balzac shorter stories that would have waited quite some time before I got to them.

message 7: by Denise (new)

Denise | 1502 comments It's always nice to find a spot for a favorite author, especially the under-100 page counts!

message 8: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 2459 comments just to clarify, we cannot use this task for combo?

message 9: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (walker) | 1374 comments Tien wrote: "just to clarify, we cannot use this task for combo?"

No combos at all for Summer...

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11968 comments Joanna wrote: "Tien wrote: "just to clarify, we cannot use this task for combo?"

No combos at all for Summer..."

Correct. We do not have the combo style this summer.

message 11: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 2857 comments I think we are all having trouble getting our heads around this! :)

message 12: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 2459 comments Ah, D'Oh!! hahaha... I was finally planning books and thought it was weird that it wasn't stated that you can't use this for combo lol

It was the end of a long day so there's that too...