Eureka {An Advance Roleplay} discussion

Plot Knowledge > Wolf Shifters, Werewolves, and Lycans

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

Quil (creative_quil) | 68 comments Mod
"What's the difference between these three?"

"Why is this important to the group?"

I can explain to you why these are important questions. :)

message 2: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

Wolf Shifters

Wolf shifters are those who are able to transform into a wolf and back. They resemble a normal wolf and they're natural abilities that a wild wolf does.

message 3: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

Werewolves

copied from Google definition>
a person who changes for periods of time into a wolf, typically when there is a full moon.

Add knowledge: Werewolves have progressed over the years but one thing has stayed the same. They are hotheaded, raging, hungry> creatures. In form their minds are strictly animalistic and aggressive.

message 4: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

Lycans

Also from Google
In folklore, a werewolf, or occasionally lycanthrope, is a human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction with the transformations occurring on the night of a full moon.

Add knowledge: While werewolves don't control when they turn whether it be by the full moon or angered, Lycans get that free will.

Lycans is a more advanced werewolf. Their higher intelligence that evolved or generations of werewolves grants them the title Lycan because before and after they can control how they think and feel. They are able to control if and when they turn as well as be in control of their actions and thoughts in form as well.

message 5: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

Now here a tricky one.

Which of these three can turn another?

The answer is only two.

Wolf Shifters are only Born, not made.

A werewolf or Lycan can turn humans with a single bite wound. The "virus" is in their saliva. If their spit mixed with an open wound then they are infected with the virus too.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 457 comments Mod
But aren't they all werewolves?

message 7: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

The word werewolf continues a late Old English wer(e)wulf, a compound of were "man" and wulf "wolf".

message 8: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

werewolves and lycans are Half Man and Half Wolf

they don't turn all the way into a full wolf, just half way.

it's a curse. in exchange for inhuman abilities but the catch is they take on a form of this "monstrous beast"

message 9: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

usually wolf shifters are called something else but that's a bit of a term to say lol so wolves is just fine

there are also some that are larger called dire wolves

Im not getting into dire wolves. Just really the ones that shift back and forward into a wolf with enhanced strength and others abilities.

message 11: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

werewolves and lycans :)

shifters also have a normal human life span while werewolves and lycans are also gifted with long life as another laugh at their curse. Making them endure it longer than they planned. Most enjoy it but some hate the curse.

So which is stronger? Do wolf shifters have enhanced abilities?

message 13: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

Lycans. Because of their higher intelligence in form makes them stronger and smarter. That's a dangerous person to mess with.

Shifters do not, unless they are the larger wolves. Dire wolves. They range about the size of a polar bear :)

Im getting mix information here and I dont know which is true. Here's the article I was reading:
https://wolvesofparadise.weebly.com/w...

message 15: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

idk where they got their info but that's not right from what I know of. Werewolf translates to half man half wolf.

message 16: by Quil, Gamma Rosie (new)

from what I've learned is yes there are humans that take forms of full wolves but those are not called werewolves. That's one thing that always bothered me growing up *shrugs*

I can agree it's easier to call them that but I swear it's not right XD otherwise I've been lied too lol *dramatic playful sob*
"Lies! they're all lies!"

XD lmao

:) Ok I was wondering.