Mission Viejo Library discussion

Recommended Reads > Favorite characters

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allen (new)

Allen (librariangmr) | 16 comments Mod
Books take us on adventures to fascinating people and places, be they reimagined real-world locations or planets in far off galaxies. The stewards of these adventures are, of course, the characters. Heroes, companions, and villains, these are the people (or non-people depending on what you're reading) that make books so compelling and memorable.

So please, share with us your favorite characters!

Arthur Dent (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) - I love Arthur Dent because despite going on an incredible adventure across the universe and experiencing all new sights and sounds, he's still the most put upon person, especially by his happy go lucky alien friend Ford Prefect.

Dandelion (Witcher series) - Dandelion is the bard I aspire to be in my D&D campaigns.

Maddy Spencer (Damned) - Damned is my number one favorite book by Chuck Palahniuk. Maddy is a 13-year-old who wakes up in Hell and befriends the tortured souls of a football player, a cheerleader, and a rock musician. Together, their punishment is to work as telemarketers and to her surprise, Maddy is really good at her infernal job!

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Regenhardt (lauren_page) | 48 comments Mod
Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) - She's underestimated quite a bit at the start but then proves that she's an intelligent, strong, wacky girl who is resourceful and encouraging for her friends.

Elizabeth (Pride And Prejudice) - She gets insulted by Mr. Darcy and can just laugh it off, and hold her own when it comes to the little petty conversations between the other ladies in the book. I always envy a girl with a quick wit and take lots of notes from her!

Jo March (Little Women): She knows what she wants and she goes for it. She has no hesitations that she will be a writer, and will do what it takes. She's creative, theatrical, and humble, and I've always related with her in a way.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 31 comments Mod
I really enjoy Flavia de Luce from the Alan Bradley mystery series. She's an 11 year old chemist/detective which seems ridiculous but she is immensly charming. Also Easy Rawlins from the Walter Mosley detective series. I read Devil in a Blue Dress many years ago but recently got back into other books in the series. He's just one of those characters that is so unique and compelling! He is a big favorite of mine.