Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Two covers - one book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by G.G. (new)

G.G. Klimt I have new covers for my books I uploaded the new cover, but it was created as an alternative cover. The old one doesnt exist any more, and I would like the new one to be the one. This happened because I had my book translated into Portuguese and came up with a new cover which I used for the Spanish and English versions. The books are, the cursed souls of Liriethem, and then, las ánimas de Liriethem. They both have the new picture as an alternative version. Could you please fix this? Thanks a lot!

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21368 comments Making an alternative edition is the correct way to add a new cover for an existing book. We do not replace old covers.

message 3: by Emily (last edited May 19, 2020 08:50AM) (new)

Emily | 14434 comments You can set the newer cover as the default edition by following these steps:
https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

message 4: by G.G. (new)

G.G. Klimt Not true Scott, I have the option to erase a cover, however, only a librarian can do it. Since I'm not one, I can't, but it can be done.
I followed the steps of creating an alternative version and setting it as the default edition and now the English version(s) have been melted into the Portuguese one. So, when I look for my books, I only have the Portuguese and Spanish versions, and still I see two different covers. The English one, you have to specifically look for it, inside the Portuguese version. :-/

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21368 comments Yes, it's physically possible to delete a cover, but this is for dealing with incorrect covers, or when a better quality image is found. Policy is to keep all old covers on file for people to add to their shelves. We do not replace an old cover with a new, different one.