Harry Potter discussion

best line from the books or movies?

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilli Gilliam (new)

Lilli Gilliam What is your favorite line from Harry Potter? make sure to tell who said it and what book it is in (also chapter and or page would be nice :))

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Cheang | 60 comments I think the movies have better comments. My favourites are the ones by Hermione of course.
Examples
Half Blood Prince: “Excuse me, I have to go and vomit.”
Deathly Hallows: when she and Ron were running from Nagini. Hermione didn’t want to hear any romantic last words right then since he was only saying because he thought they were about to be killed.

message 3: by Laureen (new)

Laureen | 11 comments I'm going to paraphrase, but when Dumbledore says to Snape that he thinks that "we sort too soon". Yes, Snape had a lot of qualities of Slytherin, but his courage could have made him a Gryffindor.

message 4: by Rory Gilmore (new)

Rory Gilmore (artemis1) | 120 comments “ Scared Pottah?”

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

message 6: by Luna (new)

Luna (tswizzle13) | 85 comments “This is your copy of Advanced Potion-Making, is it, Potter?” “Yes,” said Harry, still breathing hard. “You’re quite sure of that, are you, Potter?” “Yes,” said Harry, with a touch more defiance. “This is the copy of Advanced Potion-Making that you purchased from Flourish and Blotts?” “Yes,” said Harry firmly. “Then why,” asked Snape, “does it have the name ‘Roonil Wazlib’ written inside the front cover?” Harry’s heart missed a beat. “That’s my nickname,” he said.”

~ Half-Blood Prince

I just about died the first time I read that. The fact that he was trying to convince Snape that Roonil Wazlib was his actual nickname always makes me lol.

message 7: by abi (new)

abi (books with abi) (abimesa) "Great, we're all bloody inspired." Maze Runner(newt)
"I'm his flight attendent." Teen Wolf(Liam)
"I fell in a hole." also liam

message 8: by abi (new)

abi (books with abi) (abimesa) I just realized this ment to be HP srry xD

message 9: by Rory Gilmore (new)

Rory Gilmore (artemis1) | 120 comments My “ scared pottah?” Is from the camber of secrets movie right before the duel

message 10: by abi (new)

abi (books with abi) (abimesa) Yup

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"We could have been killed or worse, expelled." -Hermione (the sorcerers stone, harry potter book 1)

📖✨Marley✨📖 Now, I’M going to bed, before one of you comes up with another clever wide to get us killed, or WORSE, EXPELLED

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Marley wrote: "Now, I’M going to bed, before one of you comes up with another clever wide to get us killed, or WORSE, EXPELLED"

Lol

message 14: by Nemanja (new)

Nemanja | 1 comments In the Chamber of secrets , obliviated Gilderoy was hilarious.

“Dear me,” said Dumbledore, shaking his head, his long silver mustache quivering. “Impaled upon your own sword, Gilderoy!”

“Sword?” said Lockhart dimly. “Haven’t got a sword. That boy has, though.” He pointed at Harry. “He’ll lend you one.”

message 15: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 13 comments Training for the ballet Pottah

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (medgreek31) | 2 comments Master has given Dobby a sock. Dobby is free.

message 17: by AFroglikestoRead (new)

AFroglikestoRead | 8 comments PPPPOTAHHHH-Draco Malfoy

message 18: by AFroglikestoRead (new)

AFroglikestoRead | 8 comments Something like, "Of course this is all in your head , Harry...but why on earth would that mean it isn't real?- Albus Dumbledore

This is a great final line!!! (If you don't count the portrait)

message 19: by Sahana (new)

Sahana | 30 comments My favourite line is from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/ the Sorcerer's Stone movie, by Hermione Granger:

"Stop, stop, stop, you are going to take someone's eye out, besides, you saying it wrong, It LeviOsa, not LeviosA"

This is literally the most famous and best line by Hermione Granger

message 20: by KamyKamy (new)

KamyKamy | 3 comments One of my favorite quotes ever!!

Hermione: "Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all do!"

and of course this classic from Harry: "There's no need to call me 'Sir', professor." :)))

message 21: by Hattie (new)

Hattie | 23 comments Kama wrote: "One of my favorite quotes ever!!

Hermione: "Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all do!"

and of course this classic from Harry: "There's no need to call me '..."

What books/movies are those from?

message 22: by KamyKamy (new)

KamyKamy | 3 comments Hey Hatti! Don’t know hot to reply to your message specifically :( BUT

The first one is from Order of the Phoenix (when the trio is discussing Cho’s complicated feelings and Ron say “one person cannot feel ALL that, THEY’D EXPLODE!” To which Hermione answers :))

Second one is from Half Blood Prince (when Snape is trying to make sure Harry calls him sir, but fails. It goes smth like this:
Snape: do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells?
H: yes
Snape: yes, ‘sir’
Harry: There’s no need to call me “Sir” professor :)))

message 23: by Hattie (new)

Hattie | 23 comments Kama wrote: "Hey Hatti! Don’t know hot to reply to your message specifically :( BUT

The first one is from Order of the Phoenix (when the trio is discussing Cho’s complicated feelings and Ron say “one person ca..."

Thanks

message 24: by Ági (new)

Ági Sándor | 18 comments Mine is from Half-Blood Prince. It's from the Pensieve conversation between Slughorn and Tom Riddle.

"I must say, I'd like to know where you get your information, boy; more knowledgeable than half the staff, you are."

But this one from Order of the Phoenix between McGonagall and Harry is also nice:

"Have a biscuit, Potter."

message 25: by KamyKamy (new)

KamyKamy | 3 comments “Have a biscuit, Potter” is absolutely iconic!!

message 26: by rory gilmore (new)

rory gilmore | 8 comments I don’t know why, but i’ve always liked the quote from Sirius in poa at the end when Harry and Hermione save the day with buckbeak and Sirius says, ”Your truly your fathers son, Harry.” I’m very obsessed with marauder era.

message 27: by Adi (new)

Adi | 24 comments "After all this time" - Albus Dumbledore
"Always" - Severus Snape
I strongly believe everyone knows this quote.

message 28: by Adi (new)

Adi | 24 comments Rory Gilmore wrote: "“ Scared Pottah?”"

"You wish."

message 29: by ❃Hayley (new)

❃Hayley (TheSugarBowl)❃ | 39 comments “Always”

“I’m not scared Harry, I’m with you”

“There’s no need to call me ‘sir’ professor”

“Scared, Potter? You wish”

Anything Tonks says to Remus ❤️❤️

Sid (Taylor's version) ⭐   (thewierdowhogetsobbsessedeasily) "always"

"Pottah, pottah, is it true you fainted? I mean you actually fainted.
As if you care about harry, shove off malfoy.
Shut up, I am checking up on my boyfriend! Baby are you okay? Do you need father to sue the train?"

There is no need to call me 'sir' professor

Harryyyyy
Sirrrrrrrrr

Sid (Taylor's version) ⭐   (thewierdowhogetsobbsessedeasily) Break my heart, break it a thousand times if you like, it was always yours to break anyway - Maxon Schreave

Sid (Taylor's version) ⭐   (thewierdowhogetsobbsessedeasily) Hermione granger

Now, I am going to sleep, before any of you come up with another crazy idea of getting us all killed or WORSE expelled.

It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAA

message 33: by Helena_Sunri (new)

Helena_Sunri | 2 comments deleted user wrote: ""We could have been killed or worse, expelled." -Hermione (the sorcerers stone, harry potter book 1)"
Funny phrase ))) Hermione talks very interestingly

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 21 comments Luna wrote: "“This is your copy of Advanced Potion-Making, is it, Potter?” “Yes,” said Harry, still breathing hard. “You’re quite sure of that, are you, Potter?” “Yes,” said Harry, with a touch more defiance. “..."

yeah this was funny first time reading it.

message 35: by Adi (new)

Adi | 24 comments "BEDS EMPTY, NO NOTE, CAR GONE! YOU COULD HAVE DIED YOU COULD HAVE BEEN SEEN! Of course I don't blame you harry dear." - Molly Weasley

"I don’t believe it! I don’t believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That’s everyone in the family!" Molly Weasley
“What are Fred and I? Next door neighbors?” -George Weasley

message 36: by Ava (new)

Ava Willimas | 6 comments My favorite line is “Percy wouldn’t notice a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing one of Dobby’s hats.”

message 37: by Chloe Kay (new)

Chloe Kay (dancingqueen57) | 7 comments “It’s killed MeH, it’s killed mEh!”

geralt of rivia  (kristinshep) | 12 comments Ava wrote: "My favorite line is “Percy wouldn’t notice a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing one of Dobby’s hats.”"

LMAOOOO that was good

geralt of rivia  (kristinshep) | 12 comments its not really a line, (or in a way, i guess it is) it's when harry is on the lucky felix felicis and he's on his way to Hagrid's, and professor hagrid catches him, LMAO. harry was so funny in this scene.
Professor Slughorn: Harry!
Harry: Sir! (the way he says it *mimicking slughorn, lmao* is SOOOO funny, i have to rewatch it so many times)
Slughorn: It's nearly nightfall. Surely you realize I can't allow you to go roaming the grounds by yourself.
and then harry says *LMAOOO* Well then by all means come along, sir!! omg

oh and when slughorn asks howd you get out of the castle..
and harry says through the front door, sir *slaps leg, dying of laughter*

message 40: by Annabeth (new)

Annabeth Chase | 9 comments My favourite character is Hermione, so I'm going to be referring to her quotes chronologically:
Sorcerer's/Philosophers's Stone: "If you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you comes up with another clever idea to get us killed, or worse expelled!" (She needs to sort out her priorities!)
Chamber of Secrets: "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent!"
Prisoner of Azkaban: "Awful things have happened to wizards who've meddled with time, Harry."
Goblet of Fire: "Wake up, Ronald!"
Order of Phoenix: "STUPEFY!"
Half-Blood Prince: "I've always admired your courage Harry, but sometimes you can be really thick. You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those Horcruxes by yourself do you?"
Deathly Hallows-1: "YOU. COMPLETE. ARSE, RONALD WEASLEY! YOU SHOW UP HERE AFTER WEEKS, AND YOU SAY, 'HEY?!'"
Deathly Hallows-2: "I'll go with you..."

message 41: by Bruna (new)

Bruna | 23 comments “Always”