Addicted to YA discussion

Sleeper: A Dystopian Novel (The Waking Sleep #1)
This topic is about Sleeper
Authors > Book 1 in a new YA dystopian/UF series - would love some reviewers :)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (last edited May 19, 2020 09:11AM) (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments

Hey guys!  I've just released the first book in my new YA dystopian/UF series.  The book is called Sleeper and the series is The Waking Sleep.  (Think The Hunger Games or Divergent meets Mortal Instruments.)  I've had some great feedback so far, including hitting the Top 20 in YA dystopian romance on Amazon for about a week!  I've received reviews on Goodreads and BookBub but none on Amazon.  I was wondering if anyone out there might enjoy a free copy to consider for review on Amazon's US site (or wherever you prefer!)?  There would be no strings attached, of course - have a read and leave a review only if you feel inspired to do so.  If not, no worries at all :).

Here's the link if you'd like to check it out:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085KTQJ8G

Even though it's exclusive with Amazon (free through KU), I can provide an epub version if that's how you roll! Just let me know in the comments whether you want me to email a copy (and if so, which one), or dm you with a BookFunnel link where you can download it yourself.

Cheers,

~Lucy

Edit: I mentioned Amazon only because I haven't gotten reviews there yet. If you're interested but prefer reviewing elsewhere, I'm still more than happy to share a copy with you!

lunisneptune | 171 comments I would love to read it :)

ThisButterflyWarriorReads | 7 comments Hi Lucy! It sounds amazing !!! I am not an amazon reviewer (mostly Hebban, Goodreads and my own Bookstagram) But would really love the be kept in the loop for future news (e.g. release updates or anything? ;) )

message 4: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments lunisneptune wrote: "I would love to read it :)"

Awesome! Thank you so much. What's the best way to get a copy to you? I can email whatever format you like, or provide a BookFunnel link? Just let me know :).

message 5: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments Nathalie wrote: "Hi Lucy! It sounds amazing !!! I am not an amazon reviewer (mostly Hebban, Goodreads and my own Bookstagram) But would really love the be kept in the loop for future news (e.g. release updates or a..."

Hey Nathalie... Thanks so much! Honestly, I've only got 2 Goodreads reviews so far, so the more, the merrier! I'm more than happy to share it with you and you can review it (or not) wherever you like. What's the best way to get you a copy? I can email it or give you a BookFunnel link. As for staying in the loop... if you'd like to sign up for my newsletter, I send one out every month with updates about the series and links for free or bargain ebooks in the same genre. You can join via the series site (form at the bottom of the first page!): https://www.thewakingsleepseries.com. I keep it short and sweet because I don't like rambling spammy newsletters any more than you do, I'm sure! haha :)

message 6: by Neila (new)

Neila (neilafranch) It sounds very interesting! I would love to do that, even though I usually write reviews here...

message 7: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments Neila wrote: "It sounds very interesting! I would love to do that, even though I usually write reviews here..."

Hi Neila... reviews on Goodreads are perfectly fine! I shouldn't have made it sound 'exclusive' the first time, like Amazon was all I cared about, haha! I only mentioned it since I didn't have any there yet. But anywhere you like is awesome and *greatly* appreciated :). What's the best way to give you a copy? Email or BookFunnel link?

message 8: by Kir (new)

Kir | 5 comments I would love to read it as well :-)

message 9: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments Lucy wrote: "Hey guys!  I've just released the first book in my new YA dystopian/UF series.  The book is called Sleeper and the series is The Waking Sleep.  (Think The Hunger Games or Divergent meets Mortal Ins..."

Hi ,I'd love to review it too!

message 10: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments Kir wrote: "I would love to read it as well :-)"

Hey Kir... Sweet! Email or BookFunnel link? Just let me know and I'll get it to you asap :).

message 11: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments Sophrosyne wrote: "Lucy wrote: "Hey guys!  I've just released the first book in my new YA dystopian/UF series.  The book is called Sleeper and the series is The Waking Sleep.  (Think The Hunger Games or Divergent mee..."

I got your dm and emailed you back... did you see it? I attached the epub, like you asked :). If you didn't get it, I can send again!

Elena | 202 comments Hi, I'd be interested in reviewing it too!

message 13: by Neila (new)

Neila (neilafranch) Lucy wrote: "Neila wrote: "It sounds very interesting! I would love to do that, even though I usually write reviews here..."

Hi Neila... reviews on Goodreads are perfectly fine! I shouldn't have made it sound ..."

Email please! Send it to neila.franch@gmail.com
Thank you!!

message 14: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments Elena wrote: "Hi, I'd be interested in reviewing it too!"

Awesome, thanks Elena :). Kindle or epub? And would you like it emailed or would you prefer a BookFunnel link to download it yourself?

ThisButterflyWarriorReads | 7 comments Hi! would love to read it too - if you have a slot available?

message 16: by Putri Aulia (new)

Putri Aulia Salsabila (putriias) | 11 comments Hello Lucy,
if you still want someone to review your book, I’d be glad to do that! I really love dystopian book, that’s why I am really interested when you offer to review your book :)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 506 comments I'm not on Amazon but I'd love to review here :)

message 18: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments Just wanted to bump this and let anyone else who might be interested know that the offer is still good! Feel free to get in touch and request a copy if you think it's something you'd like to read. :)

message 19: by Zoya (new)

Zoya (zoyashahwar) | 35 comments I would love to review it

ThisButterflyWarriorReads | 7 comments I am reading this one right now and I am enjoying the read. Some new interesting ideas in there!

Verity (veritydrewfirth) | 7 comments Sounds great, yes please!

message 22: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments Zoya wrote: "I would love to review it"

Hey Zoya, I messaged you with the download link - let me know if you have any trouble :). Thanks!

message 23: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments Verity wrote: "Sounds great, yes please!"

Hi Verity... I just messaged you with the download link! Thanks so much!!

ThisButterflyWarriorReads | 7 comments Lucy wrote: "Nathalie wrote: "Hi Lucy! It sounds amazing !!! I am not an amazon reviewer (mostly Hebban, Goodreads and my own Bookstagram) But would really love the be kept in the loop for future news (e.g. rel..."

AND I FINISHED IT!!! check out my review :) I am eager to be on your list for future updates! Congratulations Lucy, great book/series starter

message 25: by ps ❀ (new)

ps ❀ | 2 comments Hi Lucy! I would love to review this, are there any slots left?

message 26: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments ps ❀ wrote: "Hi Lucy! I would love to review this, are there any slots left?"

Definitely! I just messaged you the link :)

message 27: by carli :) (new)

carli :) (carlireadsss) | 21 comments i will put it on my TBR! sounds super fun!

message 28: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Adler | 14 comments carli :) wrote: "i will put it on my TBR! sounds super fun!"

Awesome, thanks for that! You'll have to let me know what you think when you get around to it :)

Elena | 202 comments Hi, I've just finished the book and should be writing a review soon! Just need time to think about what to say ;)