Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > MG fantasy 43K words

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by W.G. (new)

W.G. White (w_g_white) | 22 comments Howdy all,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my 43K MG fantasy novel: Roly-Polying to Victory.

Here's a little summary:

Shoshana Strongstring is destined to be a master puppeteer. Sadly, she thinks puppets are silly. She thinks clowns are silly, too. And magicians, bearded-ladies, jugglers, and even mimes. It’s all a load of nonsense, thank you very much indeed. Unfortunately for Shoshana, she lives in Opal Heights. And in Opal Heights if you’re not an entertainer you’re nobody at all. Shoshana doesn’t want to be an entertainer of any kind. She wants to be a librarian.

Also happy to test a few chapters first to see if we're compatible.

Cheers!

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Kelly | 1 comments I always wanted to be a librarian too. I can already feel an affinity for Ms Strongstring!

Would you be interested in a critique swap with my 30k comedy/fantasy novella? It's written for adults, but is a lighthearted romp along the lines of Terry Pratchett meets Enchanted Forest Chronicles so it might not be too much of a stretch to call it an appropriate swap. Amazingly enough it also starts with a scene involving a puppet show.

If this sounds like destiny in action, let me know. A couple of chapters' test swap would also be fine for me.

Blurb:
In the Kingdom of Hellavan, Willa Lang has made a name for herself as a ferocious fighter and an effective bodyguard. But lately she's been having trouble finding work and it could be something to do with the fact that she insulted a witch and got cursed with a different body. It's hard convincing people that you can protect them when you look like an angelic, 6-year-old little girl. Willa's tried reasoning with the culprit, but the woman is being a complete... well... witch, and refuses to turn Willa back. At least, not until she can prove she's capable of kindness, generosity and unselfishness. Sounds easy enough. Go on a few quests and help a few people. Should be a breeze, right?
Wrong.