Play Book Tag discussion

May 2020: Comedy > No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency / 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimber (last edited May 18, 2020 06:46PM) (new)

Kimber (kimberwolf) | 836 comments No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
★★★★

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency #1) by Alexander McCall Smith

Precious Ramotswe is the only lady detective in Botswana. In this first book in the series, Mma. Ramotswe's first several cases are shared in chapters set up somewhat like vignettes. We are introduced to Precious and the other characters who will make appearances throughout these vignettes and also in future books in the series. The rich culture of Botswana is shared – both the delightful and the disturbing aspects. The book is peppered with gentle, wry humor. I found it delightful.

message 2: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5765 comments They get even better. I think I have a few more to read and this seems like a perfect time.

So glad you discovered them.

message 3: by Kimber (new)

Kimber (kimberwolf) | 836 comments Booknblues wrote: "They get even better. I think I have a few more to read and this seems like a perfect time.

So glad you discovered them."

I agree, BnB. I was in the exact right mood for this book. Good to know they get even better - I've got more Mma. Ramotswe stories to look forward to.

message 4: by Karin (last edited May 20, 2020 04:35PM) (new)

Karin | 6997 comments I like these as well--most of them have been 4 star reads for me. That said, I read the first book when I was visiting my mother back when there was only one or two out.