Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Coming Plague
This topic is about The Coming Plague
Book Issues > Please merge the hardback and paperback editions

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments The hardback of this book has been given a separate record with 'Hb' in the name which is odd. Meanwhile, I have a hardback copy but it has a totally different cover. That cover is on a separate record for the Paperback on which the author's name has been scrambled. There is also another record which maybe the main one for ISBN

This hardback record is ISBN
Publisher Virago
Author Laurie Garrett
Title The Coming Plague: Newly Emerging Diseases in a World out of Balance

There is also a paper back record for ISBN
1860492118. This has the same cover as mine
The authors name is wrongly down as laurie-garrett hyphenated as one name, and the description of the book is just 'rare book'. It says there are no other editions. But acutally this is just the paperback of the other hardbacks.

Basically all 3 records need to be merged under the main record. And presumably the Hardback I have should just be an alternative cover for ISBN 1853817643

Could they be merged please? Thanks, Pam

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17292 comments Combined.

message 3: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam Baddeley | 207 comments Thank you. Is it possible please to add the cover of the hardback I have as an alternative to the Virago hardback edition, ISBN 1853817643

I actually think the picture currently shown as the cover - which is an angled photo - is the cover from the Penguin edition. You can just about see the Penguin logo on it (and can compare to the logo position on the actual Penguin edition).

The actual Virago hardback cover is the same as the cover shown for the Virago paperback edition, ISBN 1860492118

regards, Pam