What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Mystery?/Series Three women, each left a gift when old woman passes.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Hargrove | 4 comments Im trying to help someone else find the name of this series or the book titles.

It was about 3 women best friends(called each other sisters)and there was an older lady they would always have tea with. She passes on and leave each girl something special. There are 3 books in the series and each book focuses on one of the girls and the gift they were given

I dont remember which women was ehich book, so ill just describe what i remember of the three womens stories.

Woman one) The old women left vintage couture clothing to the museum that one of the girls works at but the catch is that the museum people have to let the girl be the main curator of the exhibit.

Women two) I think one worked at a jewelery store.

Woman three) was kinda lost and needed a project, She received the house and had to renovate it, and I believe she finds a necklace while renovating and and I think they find hidden rooms they never knew about

For some reason I feel like it took place I. Seattle or Washington state like on the puget sound?

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2068 comments The series seems to be more Harlequin romance than mystery, but maybe the Sisterhood Diaries series by Susan Andersen?

The first book, Cutting Loose, opens with the three best friends Jane, Ava and Poppy when they're twelve years old. They visit the elderly Miss Wolcott for tea, who remarks that they're 'quite a sisterhood' and gives each girl a diary to write in. Each book is one girl's diary - this one is Jane's, and it cuts to when she's grown-up, Miss Wolcott has died and left her estate to the three friends and some of her 'collections' (jewellery and clothing) to the Seattle Metropolitan Museum where Jane is a junior curator and she's in charge of cataloguing them.

There's also a plot point about some of Miss Wolcott's diamonds going missing years ago, which might be resolved in Ava's book, Playing Dirty, which is about a film producer who comes to make a documentary about the estate's mysteries.