Play Book Tag discussion

The Wandering Fire (The Fionavar Tapestry, #2)
This topic is about The Wandering Fire
Archive: Other Books > The Wandering Fire 5 Stars(POLLS)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7462 comments The Wandering Fire 5 Stars

This is the 2nd book in The Fionavar Tapestry Trilogy. Guy Gavriel Kay has me hooked once again and I finished this book in a little over a week. The first time a book has captured my full attention since C-19 entered our lives. I cannot wait for the library to re-open to complete this series, so I bought the final book today on line.

The characters from our world are back in their old lives, but anxious to return to the first world, Fionavar. They are waiting for Kim, who has found her power, to find in her dreams the way back. Events unfold and the story takes on pieces of the Arthurian Legend. At first I was unsure of how this could be connected, but as I read it all fell into place. The five return to Fionavar and in time each find the reason for their part in the Tapestry. Most importantly they are there to help in the fight against the Darkness.

This book was not as dark as the first, which is probably why I flew through it. Wonderful world building, characters I have grown to love and care about. So much respect for this author, he is one I will turn to again and again.

message 2: by Holly R W (new)

Holly R W | 1254 comments It's so lovely to be immersed in a book you enjoy! My sister and nephew are avid fantasy readers. I wish the genre spoke to me in the same way.