What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Holocaust survivor book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments Okay so I read this book in 2018 about a Holocaust survivor and I cannot remember the author or title. It was an autobiography, the survivor wrote the novel herself. The author was a girl and I believe she was the eldest of two of her sisters. The beginning of the book told about her and her sister's experience in a concentration camp and how they stuck together and survived. I believe their mother died in the camp or they were separated from her. After they survived the death march, they were displaced persons I think, but they eventually lived all together in a house somewhere in Germany? The author helped displaced people and worked to find them homes. I know she married a doctor that helped refugees who were injured or sick. She also let a younger boy stay with her and her sisters until she found his mother living in America. I remember this book not having much of a cover, but being one solid color. Thanks for the help guys!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33270 comments Mod
Lauren, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book.

That's a good start but you need to add genre (e.g., autobiography) and plot details to the topic header (title). We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header to update it. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Is it autobiography (nonfiction) or a novel (fiction)?

message 4: by Ember (new)

Ember | 35 comments Could it be Surviving the Angel of Death? By Eva Mozes Kor?