Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > The Raven Boys [May 16, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 4 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod

Peggy | 274 comments ahhhh finally!!!!
thanks Margret <3

Elinor | 1548 comments Yeah !
So I don't know how far you are in this but I'm loving it ! This is really atmospheric and mysterious and I love the writing and the characters and now (finished chapter 24) (view spoiler) it's even better !
Things I'm really intrigued by : (view spoiler)
I'm eager to hear all your thoughts !

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Hey, guys! Hopping in to see your thoughts :D
Glad you're liking it so far, Elinor! This really is one of the most atmospheric books I've read. And isn't Ronan with the raven just cute :p

Peggy | 274 comments Maria wrote: "Hey, guys! Hopping in to see your thoughts :D
Glad you're liking it so far, Elinor! This really is one of the most atmospheric books I've read. And isn't Ronan with the raven just cute :p"

oh hi maria<3
I didn't know u would be here joining us on the first book, and even though I'm just on chapter 16 I assure u I will finish the second book soon and join u on reading the third one...

Peggy | 274 comments so far I have to admit even though the whole story is great it kinda bothers me the way they are children, I mean ok 16 is old enough but I remember high school and how stupid it was even as we took it pretty serious and I just can't accept them as serious people...
I need to know more about noah he seems stranger than the others at least to me! and no Gansey is not at all acceptable but Ronan and Adam are too real and I can't put the novel down for all the other raven boys but the main one :D
I loooooove blue's family, that would be the place I would love to live in and I know I can't stand such a family for more than a week but wishing wouldn't hurt right???
I love the way the story has new things to offer, I was already tired of all assassins and elves and normal(!) magic and this is new!!!
and I know this book is going to huuuuuurt me!!!! and I can't keep away from it!

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Peggy wrote: "Maria wrote: "Hey, guys! Hopping in to see your thoughts :D
Glad you're liking it so far, Elinor! This really is one of the most atmospheric books I've read. And isn't Ronan with the raven just cut..."

Haha I'm just curious to see the discussion

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Peggy wrote: "so far I have to admit even though the whole story is great it kinda bothers me the way they are children, I mean ok 16 is old enough but I remember high school and how stupid it was even as we too..."

I agree that this is a refreshing read! Also about how this book has so much to offer

I love Ronan 😌 glad you like him too
I am kind of fond of Gansey too 😄

Peggy | 274 comments Maria wrote: "Peggy wrote: "so far I have to admit even though the whole story is great it kinda bothers me the way they are children, I mean ok 16 is old enough but I remember high school and how stupid it was ..."

noah and ronan are my favorites so far:D

Peggy | 274 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Yeah !
So I don't know how far you are in this but I'm loving it ! This is really atmospheric and mysterious and I love the writing and the characters and now (finished chapter 24) [spoilers remove..."

I finally finished chapter 24 and read ur thoughts, and I have the same questions and a lot more,(view spoiler) oh my God I want to know what happens and I know that it will huuuuurt… :((((((
(view spoiler)

Peggy | 274 comments finished chapter 28, and I think I figured out something at early chapters that I shouldn't have 😅
now I feel like a genius 😂😂

Peggy | 274 comments finished chapter 32, I'm scared of continuing, someone please talk to me -_____-
Maria??? tell me how hurt I'm gonna get???

Peggy | 274 comments I'm finished will start the next volume in few days I'll be happy if u join:)))

Elinor | 1548 comments I couldn't (or just didn't) pick it up after like my comment I'm in chapter 28 right now and I WANT TO KNOW MORE

Elinor | 1548 comments Ok, so chapter 28 (view spoiler)

Peggy | 274 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Ok, so chapter 28 whaaat
I mean I knew there was something wrong with Noah (he doesn't eat ? he seems kind of absent and stuff. But, like, he is dead, ok. Ok then. You seemed to be really spot on P..."

I'm happy u are back, enjoy the book, its wonderful !!!

message 17: by Vuk (new)

Vuk (wolfient) | 44 comments I'm only about a third into the book but I'm already loving it? What the heck, y'all? I love how the magic system is applied to every day situations, too? Like, the way some of her family go about their magic and fortune telling? Very creative!

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Peggy wrote: "(view spoiler).."

you're not the only one! i thought they were (view spoiler)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 685 comments Vuk wrote: "I'm only about a third into the book but I'm already loving it? What the heck, y'all? I love how the magic system is applied to every day situations, too? Like, the way some of her family go about ..."

yes, that's one of the things people point out that's cool about this series! that the magic is just there, out in the open, but people just choose to ignore it

Peggy | 274 comments Vuk wrote: "I'm only about a third into the book but I'm already loving it? What the heck, y'all? I love how the magic system is applied to every day situations, too? Like, the way some of her family go about ..."

I loooove blue's family, and her mother's two friends, they are the most fun in this book...
and its different magic that's what is amazing, not the kind of magic we see in other books!!!

Elinor | 1548 comments Finally done ! And I loooved it. I loved the magic in it as well, and the characters, and the atmosphere.
I do'nt know if I really ship Blue (view spoiler)
I'm really intrigued by a ton of stuff : (view spoiler)

message 22: by Peggy (last edited Jun 02, 2020 12:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Peggy | 274 comments Elinor Master of Gifs wrote: "Finally done ! And I loooved it. I loved the magic in it as well, and the characters, and the atmosphere.
I do'nt know if I really ship Blue [spoilers removed]
I'm really intrigued by a ton of stuf..."

I'm really happy that u liked it as well, are u planning to read the next book?!
I wanted to read it sooner but now I can read it any time in this month and finish it on time, do u guys have any plans for it???