Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Traitor's Knot (Wars of Light & Shadow, #7)
This topic is about Traitor's Knot
Wurts - Wars of L&S & More > Traitor's Knot [November 1, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod

message 2: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments Will be here:-)

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments So excited to be here.

We will most likely be pushing this to mid-November

message 4: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments I will be here (✷‿✷)

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments I’m starting this right now! So excited!!!

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Ch3’s scene in Alestron had me laughing out loud!

Again, this book is so comforting to me. It’s like a warm blanket enveloping me and carrying me back into this world. But there’s also real anxiety, on the other side of the coin!

message 7: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments I will be here some time this week... Life...

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments In Ch 8....holy Ath!

I thought the scene on Evenstar in Ch 7 was really fantastic.

Now in Ch 8.....wow. I have such dread and anxiety, reading about the struggle in Avenor’s dungeon. The introduxction of necromancy at first didn’t feel right in the series. But now, Im interested more in the mechanics of it, being shown now happening so quickly. Tell me more, Ms Wurts!

message 9: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments Starting tonight! I will catch up◉‿◉

message 10: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Hooray!! You’ll finish before me. This is how it usually works with us :)

message 11: by Soo (new) - added it

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments OOh. This is the book where I stalled in the series. I'll see if I can make time to read it with ya'll.

message 12: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments Soo, yay!

message 13: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments Jess, man, she can sure make a reader anxious!!!

message 14: by Soo (last edited Dec 05, 2020 08:16AM) (new) - added it

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments I stalled on this book a lot because it is SO heartbreaking and sad. At least for the first 1/3 of the book. I started to take sides with the brothers a few books back. I'm team Arithon.

Which brother do you pick? I do love this series. It's one of my favs. This is a harder book to get into or too upsetting? Ha

message 15: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments Arithon all the way!!! Yes, he has his imperfections, but he is flawed in a human way. The other dude is a narcissist who believes his own propaganda of godhood... I do want, eventually, for both of them to be free of the curse, so we can see their true characters underneath. Also, I would love it if after that they can have redemption arcs somehow... I don't believe either one is evil, but misguided and delusional, but most of all, manipulated by the curse....

message 16: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Soo wrote: "I stalled on this book a lot because it is SO heartbreaking and sad. At least for the first 1/3 of the book. I started to take sides with the brothers a few books back. I'm team Arithon.

Which bro..."

Welcome to the Wurts club, Soo!

Team A here too! Since like, book 2 I think. I was disappointed that it wasn’t more of a waddle between the two brothers after book 2.

Yes, Janny’s writing makes you invest in every character so quickly!

Choko, Id LOVE to read their redemption arcs, if they both survive. But that seens inplausible, no??

message 17: by Soo (new) - added it

Soo (silverlyn) | 5346 comments Of the two, Arithon fights to stay himself and do what's right. Lysaer has a good heart but he's blinded by flattery and blind justice. He doesn't question because he believes that he is in the right. In terms of sacrifice, Arithon will put his life on the line before he would let someone else be harmed. If he can help it. Ahh, man. I love this character a lot!

I just read the Prologue in the first book and it doesn't sound like there's a happy ending or redemption for the brothers to reconcile but we'll find out!

Still not sure if I can make time to read this but I'll see what I can do. I was planning on re-reading the series next year. Most of this series is not on available on audio.

message 18: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments No, no audio and that is what makes it harder to fit it in. However, it also makes the reader sit down and solely concentrate on the story, which I actually kind of appreciate... Glad you ladies are hereʘ‿ʘ

message 19: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments I just finished Ch. 1... So, (view spoiler)

message 20: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments Also, I hate what L and his Sulfin Evend dude are doing to all of our clansman, and particularly hated last book's torture of Jiered, but I do respect SE's devotion to his liege, and his loyalty... I wish both of them were not so misguided... :-(

message 21: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments Jess, yeah, I don't believe it would happen either, but I can still wish... But no, I am not holding my breath...

message 22: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Last book was the most hard, after maybe the one where the shipyard was fired and Arithon stabbed his liegeman in his insanity to kill Dakar (thinking he was Lysaer).

The necromancer idea threw me too. But im curious and so far I haven’t HATED it.

Ch 10 here. We’re back to the smart, schemeing Arithon of the earlier books yay! The last few, he was so trohbled by his guilt, he couldn’t think clearly. Then Kewar happened.

And in Ch 9, (view spoiler)

message 23: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments About to read the scene in Alestrin in Ch11, and I am so excited to read this confrontation because any scene a Alesyron has been amazing and hilarious!

Spoiler for Ch 10 (view spoiler)

message 24: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Ch 13...(view spoiler)

message 25: by jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1722 comments Finished.

Honestly one of the best she’s written, maybe even the best!

That last chapter had my heart in my throat!

Let me know when you finish, Choko and Soo!! Want to discuss!