Always Write discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 179 (179 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) We shall write a story together.

Only members of this group can post here.

message 2: by , WHO MADE VERONICA MOD? (new)

​ (dragomania) | 334 comments Mod
XD

people who aren't members can't post

Phoenix (Books with Wings) I was gonna say that... XD

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Yes, well, I thought it was funny

message 5: by , WHO MADE VERONICA MOD? (new)

it is funny

I'm just putting it there for peeps who can't understand a joke

message 6: by , WHO MADE VERONICA MOD? (new)

omfg one of my classmates is asking alexa to "Add 5 Mongolian children to my shopping list" (he actually said that)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Oh dear

message 8: by , WHO MADE VERONICA MOD? (new)

yep this is ON A GOOGLE MEET WITH THE REST OF MY CLASS AND TEACHER

Phoenix (Books with Wings) these days there are a lot of crazy things going on--my teacher gave us a video where she was explaining something and her nine year old was with her when she filmed it, holding a stuffed narwhal.

message 10: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) I have an idea

in which Jay would be able to do the trapdoor thing

message 11: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Actually nevermind it's a dumb idea

Phoenix (Books with Wings) We want to hear the idea. (by we I mean I, but I think I can speak for at least a few other people in the group?)

message 13: by zaide [...moss] (last edited May 18, 2020 11:33AM) (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Okay so here's my current ball of ideas and potential

~A couple Hunger Games elements
~ It's like a game
~ That's obvious
~ But it's like a giant board game
~ Except there are traps everywhere
~ Like everywhere
~ And the entire goal of the game is to kill a bunch of people
~ So it's like a tournament
~ And the players are used as pieces in giant board games
~ In the beginning there are 100 players
~ The first round, we can have a bunch of kids with swords playing life-sized chess or something
~ Do you get where I'm going with this?

Phoenix (Books with Wings) what type of board game? Since there's lots of types. Like...a candyland sort of board game where you're going on a track (I obviously haven't played candyland in a very long time so I sorta forget how to play) or like something else?

message 15: by , WHO MADE VERONICA MOD? (new)

maybe there's a game before the live chess? And depending on how you did in that game you become a certain piece?

Phoenix (Books with Wings) also, yes, swords, yay.
I fence so I can help with that? (In case you're wondering I've only been fencing for half a year and I'm suuuuuper bad at it).

Phoenix (Books with Wings) That sounds very interesting, but it might be a little too much like the Hunger Games.
And the chess game might be too much like Harry Potter.

message 18: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) A bunch of different types. There are 100 players in the beginning, and they play multiple different "games" and eventually one will win.

message 19: by clairene ⍥ (new)

clairene ⍥ | 16 comments Potatos ♥ I have become one with the shrubbery ♥ wrote: "Okay so here's my current ball of ideas and potential

~A couple Hunger Games elements
~ It's like a game
~ That's obvious
~ But it's like a giant board game
~ Except there are traps everywhere
~ ..."

I like that this can encapsulate everyone.
What about incorporating virtual elements to it, so kind of like SAO if you guys have watched it.

message 20: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) E the Phoenix wrote: "That sounds very interesting, but it might be a little too much like the Hunger Games.
And the chess game might be too much like Harry Potter."

So basically

Gosh dangit why is this so hard to explain

message 21: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) SOMEBODY PM ME AND HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO EXPLAIN MY HALF BAKED IDEA WITHOUT SOUNDING LIKE AN IDIOT PLEASE

message 22: by clairene ⍥ (new)

clairene ⍥ | 16 comments Ɖɼ⏶ɠ☼™ wrote: "I stopped watching after the cliche anime guy falls on to anime girl and well

anywaaaays I stopped watching"

well i kinda stopped too XD but im referring to like maybe them getting stuck in a virtual land / they get sucked into it while playing? then they're forced to kill one another etc.

message 23: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Maybe... I don't know how we'd fit that in though because most of the idea is board game-type stuff. If that makes sense. It probably doesn't. My mind operates differently than that of an average potato.

message 24: by , WHO MADE VERONICA MOD? (new)

so I think maybe what clairene was trying to say was like a board game version of SAO

message 25: by clairene ⍥ (new)

clairene ⍥ | 16 comments Ɖɼ⏶ɠ☼™ wrote: "so I think maybe what clairene was trying to say was like a board game version of SAO"

yeap yeap :)

message 26: by mugs (new)

mugs | 66 comments I'm not sure what's going on, but it sounds cool!

message 27: by zaide [...moss] (last edited May 19, 2020 07:34AM) (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) 1) Nope.

2) The military strength is incredible and very intimidating.

3) Humans

4) Still working on this one

5) The range to sign up for the tournament would probably be 13 to 18.

6) Yep. It's Earth. Just... Earth.

7) I'm still working on this part too. I'll get back to you on that.

8) The lower-class people live in poverty, and they usually get underpaid labor jobs. The middle-class people are about average, with medium-wage jobs and relatively comfortable homes. The upper-class people live luxurious lifestyles.

9)There are people from all over the world joining in the tournament, so some of them are going to speak in a sort of mixture between their native language and English.

10) Yes, there probably will be LGBTQ+ characters, but it won't be a main point in the plot.

message 28: by , WHO MADE VERONICA MOD? (new)

oooooooooooh

message 29: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) As many as you want, because having to answer the questions helps me figure it out too.

message 30: by , WHO MADE VERONICA MOD? (new)

10's the limit }:) }:3 }:D C:{ c:{ (:{

(view spoiler)

message 31: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) 1) What do you mean by simulated?
2) Since the characters are from all over the Earth, you'd use whatever name you want for your character.
3) There probably won't be much romance, but I'm assuming there will probably be a couple of scenes. Nothing more than kissing, though.

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Wait...okay, so I know that this is mainly Potatos idea so don't let me get in the way of it, but this sort of (sort of) sounds like the Olympics...but with life-sized board games. So like...we could do something like that?
Because if they're not actually working towards something, or like trying the win something (like a position of power in the world?) it seems really weird to have people killing other people in a game. Why would people voluntarily join that?
Then again, people are weird and bloodthirsty...

message 33: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) The players would die in real life, but more often than not they wouldn't be killed by the other players. It would be more like, if they were playing a giant "Sorry" game, someone lands on the square another person was on, and the person who would usually get sent back to home would fall through a trapdoor and never be seen again. People would just assume they're dead, but nobody would actually see them die.

message 34: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) If that makes any sense at all.

message 35: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) E the Phoenix wrote: "Wait...okay, so I know that this is mainly Potatos idea so don't let me get in the way of it, but this sort of (sort of) sounds like the Olympics...but with life-sized board games. So like...we cou..."

I had a sort of plan for that? It's weird and complicated? They are actually working towards something, though. Most people from the lower-class sign up out of desperation, because the winner, their entire family, and a couple of close friends automatically jump up to the upper class. Some people sign up for no reason, and some people sneakily sign other people up because of a fued or some other reason.

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Hmm...it seems a little harsh to have them die though...
btw, what country/city/continent/whatever put this together?
bcs what if that country/city/continent/whatever was like evil/trying to take over the world (that's sorta cliche but whatever) and so they use the people falling in the trapdoors for experiments or like brainwash them to make them into an army?
Idk if that sounds good or not, that idea came to me as i was writing it.

message 37: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Also, if it helps, there's a little plot twist I'd like to add.

(view spoiler)

message 38: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) We had the exact same idea XD

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Umm....do we have the same mind because that's literally almost exactly what i just said...😂

message 40: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) I DON'T KNOW!

message 41: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) XD

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Okay, so.
Does everyone like Potatos idea?
We should prob start coming up with who the characters are so that we can actually start writing the story...
as long as everyone likes it i mean

message 43: by , WHO MADE VERONICA MOD? (new)

I like it

message 44: by mugs (new)

mugs | 66 comments I think it sounds cool!

message 45: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) So you guys like the idea?

message 46: by mugs (new)

mugs | 66 comments I like it!

message 47: by mugs (new)

mugs | 66 comments ʝʊֆȶ ʝօʏʄʊʟ ʝǟʏ wrote: "Uhh........................................... I was only half paying attention........... 😓"

Same. But what I heard sounded cool!

message 48: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) XD

message 49: by zaide [...moss] (new)

zaide [...moss] (fireflyinthedark) Okay, I had a few ideas to add motivation for people to sign up for the tournament.

message 50: by mugs (new)

mugs | 66 comments Ooh, what?

« previous 1 3 4