What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

When JFK Was My Father
This topic is about When JFK Was My Father
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Book about a girl who gets sent to private school-thinks about vanilla ice cream. [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie | 6 comments I read this book in elementary school, so it likely came out before the 2010s. It was about a girl whose father sends her to a private school. I think it’s because he remarried and she tried to run away. She only has one male friend.

I specifically remember one scene where the headmaster is speaking to her and the main character wants to cry. She stops herself by thinking of vanilla ice cream behind her eyes.

There’s another scene where she speaking to (I think) the headmaster’s wife and the headmaster’s wife confesses to her that she used to have a son who accidentally strangled himself in his sleep. He was wearing a (I think) Peter Pan costume and the belt got caught up around his neck.

At the end of the book the main character is at a beach and her male friend (from the beginning of the book) finds her and tells her that he wants to run away. He invited her to go with him. She decides not to.

Her name might be Georgia? Or Giorgia? I recall people calling her Georgie as a nickname.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16850 comments Was the girl a teenager or a younger child?

message 3: by Aarna (new)

Aarna Jeve | 15 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Was the girl a teenager or a younger child?"
yes?

message 4: by Aarna (new)

Aarna Jeve | 15 comments do u remember what the book is called?

message 5: by Aarna (new)

Aarna Jeve | 15 comments i preety new here
same with my friend aaviya

message 6: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie | 6 comments A teenager

message 7: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie | 6 comments If I remembered what it was called then I wouldn’t be here lol

message 9: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie | 6 comments Yes!!! Thank you!

message 10: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie | 6 comments I’m on my phone now but I will move this over to solved tomorrow

message 11: by Aarna (new)

Aarna Jeve | 15 comments Natalie wrote: "A teenager"
kk