Witchery: Embrace the Witch Within
This topic is about Witchery
Witchery by Juliet Diaz > Intro & Suggested Reading Timeline

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alli (last edited May 29, 2020 07:10AM) (new) - added it

Alli (preservationaux) | 24 comments Mod
Hi all,

I'm experiencing some issues with our Group Bookshelf, but wanted to go ahead and announce that our next read-a-long pick is "Witchery: Embrace the Witch Within" by Juliet Diaz. Thanks for the suggestion, Heather!

In contrast to "Women Who Run with the Wolves", "Witchery" is a practical guidebook to developing your witchcraft practice and path. Juliet Diaz is a third generation witch who has long been a leader in the American witchcraft movement. Diaz also spotlights important lessons on cultural sensitivity, appropriation, and practicing responsibly and with integrity that I think are crucial conversations for any new or long-time witch.

I've also learned my lesson about reasonable book picks during a global crisis! "Witchery" is a supremely manageable 272 pages long, so we'll aim to start and finish this book in the month of June, 2020. I'll outline a suggested reading schedule and will create discussion threads based on the timeline below, but as always feel free to start your own threads and read at your leisure.

Suggested Reading Timeline
Week 1 ( June 1 - 7): Introduction and Part 1
Week 2 (June 8 - 14): Part 2
Week 3 (June 15 - 21) Part 3
Week 4 (June 22 - 30): Parts 4 and 5

If you haven't purchased a copy yet and would like to support my moderation of this book club, consider buying a copy through my Bookshop.org Affiliate Shop. I receive 10% commission on any sale through the shop and Bookshop financially supports independent bookstores across the U.S. You can buy a copy at https://bookshop.org/lists/dead-recko... . No pressure if you prefer to buy locally, check out a copy at your local library, or whatever else!

Cheers,
Alex

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Darby (hdarby) | 9 comments YAY I’m pumped. I can’t remember if it’s this book or a different one that the author basically included a spell in the pages of the book ✨

message 3: by Alli (new) - added it

Like, a spell in the actual pages? That sounds wicked!

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Darby (hdarby) | 9 comments It’s either that one, or Enchantments by Mya Spalter

message 5: by Alli (new) - added it

Hi all, I've updated the main post with a suggested reading timeline but I'm posting here, too, because Goodreads notifications are weird!

Suggested Reading Timeline
Week 1 ( June 1 - 7): Introduction and Part 1
Week 2 (June 8 - 14): Part 2
Week 3 (June 15 - 21) Part 3
Week 4 (June 22 - 30): Parts 4 and 5

If you haven't purchased a copy yet and would like to support my moderation of this book club, consider buying a copy through my Bookshop.org Affiliate Shop. I receive 10% commission on any sale through the shop and Bookshop financially supports independent bookstores across the U.S. You can buy a copy at https://bookshop.org/lists/dead-recko...

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather Darby (hdarby) | 9 comments My copy is out for delivery!