Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta(s) Required for British Crime Novel - 140k

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.D. (last edited May 18, 2020 09:32AM) (new)

A.D. Davies (addavies) | 16 comments Hi,

I'm looking for private feedback on a new first novel in a series. It's a longer-than-I-usually-write crime novel, a bit dark with some extremely flawed characters. Contains violence and occasional swearing.

If you are interested, PM, reply here, or drop a note to

authorADDavies (at) outlook (dot) com

I can send you a link to d/l the mobi/epub, or i'll happily email the manuscript in whatever format you favour.

Here's the description I've pulled together:

Detective Inspector Moses Glynn – a veteran investigator whose refusal to back his colleagues had landed him with one final chance.

Detective Constable Juliette Rock – former Army Captain, now on the fast track within the West Midlands Police.

Paired together in the secretive intelligence unit Division 43, Moses and Rock think they’ve landed an open-and-shut murder case, quickly arresting the son of a notoriously brutal criminal. But when detectives from another station furnish the killer with an alibi, it is clear something deeply sinister is afoot.

Before long, Moses finds elements of his past crawling out of the dark and he begins to suspect that unproven allegations against him are the real reason he was chosen for this case.

As Moses and Rock delve into the symbiotic worlds of organized crime and police corruption, they must survive a shadowy underworld expanding its reach, colleagues willing to commit murder to protect themselves, and a history that Moses strives to conceal from everyone, including his new partner.

Their greatest strength might just be what tears them apart – that neither will ever back down.

FS-Kindle-Small

message 2: by Amy-Louise (new)

Amy-Louise (amy-louise298) | 7 comments Hello,
I would love to beta read your book. Your synopsis has me very intrigued and would love to give you honest, detailed thoughts.
Amy-Louise