Shadowhunters Chat! discussion

Character Chats! > Week 9- James Herondale

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Herondale~Carstairs (jessawessa) | 862 comments Mod
This week, we're going to be talking about James Herondale!

Here's some info-
Looks- https://shadowhunters.fandom.com/wiki...
Age- 17 in books
Height- 6'
Eyes- gold
Hair- black
Fiance of Cordelia Carstairs, lives in London Institute wearing another girl's bracelet. Sorry, I had to say that

message 2: by Tessa (new)

I don't really love James...

message 3: by Tessa (new)

It's kinda like a 60 percent like, 40 percent hate

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments I love my one braincelled book boyfriend💗💗 but yes I love James so much🥺🥺 but he is oblivious af.

message 5: by May (new)

May (theladymidnight) I would have liked him a 100% if it wasn't for how he was with Grace! That scene in the ballroom where he was dancing with Cordelia and then ditches her for Grace really bothered me...

But he does have some good qualities too! I like how he is a huge reader and a nice person in general! And that he offered to marry Cordelia to help with her reputation.

message 6: by Tessa (new)

Yeah that’s the 60% like

message 7: by Cat (new)

Cat Carstairs | 81 comments I love James soooo much, much more than I like Will 😍

message 8: by Tessa (new)

I really want to like James by the end of the series

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments I love James like... I can’t explain how much I love him🥺🥺

message 10: by Cat (new)

Cat Carstairs | 81 comments ☀︎Elena In Oz☀︎ wrote: "I love James like... I can’t explain how much I love him🥺🥺"

Ikr!! He's so adorable

message 11: by J.L.V (new)

J.L.V (astascen) | 24 comments I fell like James it's gonna have huge personal growth in the next books and I already love him he's soft and maybe not charming like matthew but have so many other qualities that remind me both to will and tessa so yeah I love him

message 12: by Tessa (new)

He needs to figure out Grace though

message 13: by J.L.V (new)

J.L.V (astascen) | 24 comments saw cassie ig live and she said that he's been in love with cordelia since she read him when he was ill in bed so he literally only needs to take that bracelet off and she said that that demon..how it's called? I don't remember, gave it to her so it's powerful so let's see how he handles that im really curious

message 14: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 324 comments I'm really waiting for that! I want him to take that bracelet off! it's like Grace is controlling him.. but I love James. he does love books like his parents and is very kind but Mathew is really amazing too! just as James doesn't see Cordelia's love, she too is blind to Mathew. from the time I read James left her while dancing to go to Grace and Mathew joined her, I had been thinking of them two

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments But I think Cassie hinted at the fact James might fight the bracelet’s powers. She said on tumblr ‘we’ll se if he can fight through its powers or not ‘. It seems like he might!

message 16: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 324 comments yeah

Queen Jenna the III (will-herondale) | 51 comments May wrote: "I would have liked him a 100% if it wasn't for how he was with Grace! That scene in the ballroom where he was dancing with Cordelia and then ditches her for Grace really bothered me...

But he does..."

The only thing is is that he was under the Gracelet's control when he did that. He only did it because Grace wanted him too.

Saying that, I'm a die hard Will Herondale fan, although I could settle for James. It would be weird having Will as my father-in-law. I don't think I could handle it.

OMG though when I first read TMI I was so dumb I missed that Jacehad gold eyes, which is, like, something only James Herondale has, which shows that Jace is a Herondale. Still can't believe it.

message 18: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 324 comments hehe yeah I noticed too but we couldn't know before since we didn't read about James Herondale before

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) | 318 comments Hmm no, I think he had gold eyes bc of the extra angel blood. That’s what Cassie said. James has gold eyes bc it’s like his ‘warlock mark’

message 20: by Beenish (new)

Beenish (beenishamir) | 324 comments I think you're right

message 21: by Tessa (new)

Yea I think so too

message 22: by allison! (new)

allison! (allison12) | 10 comments i feel like james is kind of foolish, but he doesn't really deserve the hate he gets... i am really hoping for a character arc though, because i feel like his character is kind of lacking. i have a feeling that coi will hold a ton of development for both him and matthew.