Play Book Tag discussion

The Last Light of the Sun
This topic is about The Last Light of the Sun
Archive: Other Books > Last Light of the Sun - Guy Gavriel Kay (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1362 comments The Last Light of the Sun - Guy Gavriel Kay

4 stars

The Last Light of the Sun is a fantasy world based on the ancient Celtic, Viking, and Anglo-Saxon cultures. The story follows characters from all of these cultures as they try to survive in a world where raiders could be decimating your town at any moment. I listened to this in audio format and in retrospect it was probably not the right choice. There were a lot of characters, many with similar sounding names (Brin, Bern, etc.) to keep track of. Once I got to the point where I knew who we are talking about and which perspective and story line we were in, it was an interesting story with deep and complicated characters. I really liked the ending and how Kay brought all of the threads together.

message 2: by Joanne (new) - added it

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7488 comments I am looking forward to reading this one. I may purchase it as a birthday present to myself!

Robin P | 1617 comments I love how he writes (he is also a poet). This one wasn't one of my very favorites because it is so bleak, but that is the point, they get the very last light of the sun, being on the extreme edge of the known world. I think he always brings the different stories together at some point.

Jgrace | 2817 comments I definitely didn't care for the audio version of this one. If I remember correctly, the text version was helpful with character lists, family trees and maps. Not my favorite of his books, but he's always worth the time it takes to untangle his plots.