What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Wild Timothy
This topic is about Wild Timothy
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Kids/Teen Adventure - Boy surviving in the woods, lost during camping trip, hurts his leg badly. Read in 1990s. [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlos (new)

Carlos | 5 comments I'm trying to find a book about a boy having to survive in the woods after getting lost during a camping trip.
I remember that soon after getting lost he badly hurts his leg with a wood axe or something similar.
I read this book in the 90s.
Pretty sure in Spain it was published by editorial Everest but I have been unable to find it.

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne Showers-Curtis | 8 comments Hatchet by Gary Paulsen?

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia | 69 comments Hatchet for Anne's recommendation

message 4: by Anne (new)

Anne Showers-Curtis | 8 comments Julia wrote: "Hatchet for Anne's recommendation"

Sorry, I've never commented here before, I didn't know how to add a link.

message 5: by Kris (last edited May 18, 2020 12:30PM) (new)

Kris | 35133 comments Mod
No worries. To add a book link, it's best to use the full Desktop website (not the Mobile site or app).

- Above the Comment box, click add book/author. A popup will open with the "Book" tab selected. Search for your Book title, then click the Add button to insert the book link into your comments.
- Too many books in the search results? Try typing the book title AND author in the "Book" box.
- To add the Author's name as a link, click the "Author" tab near the top of the popup.

message 6: by Carlos (new)

Carlos | 5 comments Julia wrote: "Hatchet for Anne's recommendation"

Not that one. In Hatchet the boy works to be rescued. In the one I'm looking for the rescue, when it happens it is almost by accident not because the boy did anything.

message 7: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Johnson (n_johnson) | 3 comments Sign of the Beaver?

message 8: by Carlos (new)

Carlos | 5 comments Natasha wrote: "Sign of the Beaver?"

Unfortunately not.
The boy is completely alone in the book I'm looking for.

message 9: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1220 comments Just a guess: Wild Timothy Here is the Spanish edition: Tim el salvaje

message 10: by Kris (last edited May 19, 2020 07:01PM) (new)

Carlos, I added more details to the topic header. Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app.

What's the location of the story?

message 11: by Carlos (new)

Carlos | 5 comments Adele wrote: "Just a guess: Wild Timothy Here is the Spanish edition: Tim el salvaje"

I'm almost sure that's it!!!!!
I'll have to check and see if I can read it in kindle unlimited but looks like it.

Thanks!!!

message 12: by Kris (new)

I see your header is marked Solved. Glad you found your book, Carlos.

message 13: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1220 comments Happy to help! :)