What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fantasy novel about two boys who travel back to New Orleans in search of a magic artifact.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kyle jensen (new)

kyle jensen | 3 comments I read this book sometime in the late 90s so my memory is pretty vague but I think it was a part of a larger series. I remember there being two boys who traveled around searching for magic artifacts and one of the boys could use the artifacts and the other was a seer or oracle. They traveled back to New Orleans and received a horn that I think could control people's minds similar to voodoo/zombies. One of the boys could also summon a magic sword I think.

message 2: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2050 comments This is a long shot because it came out in 2009, but A Good Night for Ghosts by Mary Pope Osborne, they go back to New Orleans and meet Louis Armstrong.

It's part of the Magic Treehouse series which began in the 90s, and does sound similar to what you describe - time travel, collecting objects / artefacts, and they gain the power to use Excalibur (King Arthur's sword) at one point.

message 3: by Kris (last edited May 21, 2020 03:41PM) (new)

Kris | 33236 comments Mod
kyle, do the boys travel to different time periods and places (when? where?)? How do they travel?

Do they search for artifacts for fun, to fulfill a quest, to save someone, to prevent something terrible from happening, etc.?